Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[Q]hippie joe originally wrote:
bobby runnin'' against Schaffer?

[/Q]As obnoxious a Willie Don is, at least what you see is what you get. But Marty O is as big a phoney as ever to come down the political pike.

Bert

·
Registered
762 Posts
Duncan's also an A-hole, bert.

Remember when he tried to outlaw outdoor smoking in Montgomery County? Outdoor smoking! He backed-off when it became a national joke. I like to think that my neighbors complaining about my cigars were responsible for his attempt, and I fired up a few extra foul ones to celebrate when the effort failed.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[Q]Forestry originally wrote:
Probably means Erlich is also
[/Q]

It certainly frees up a lot of O'Mally's campaign $. And given the schoolgirl like infatuation the Sun Papers and local TV stations have with him it's an uphill battle.

Bert

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[Q]djones originally wrote:
Duncan's also an A-hole, bert.

Remember when he tried to outlaw outdoor smoking in Montgomery County? Outdoor smoking! He backed-off when it became a national joke. I like to think that my neighbors complaining about my cigars were responsible for his attempt, and I fired up a few extra foul ones to celebrate when the effort failed.
[/Q]

Hey what's a little pandering among friends?

Bert

·
Registered
762 Posts
Duncan's explanation is depression, and anyone struck by that condition has my sympathy because I've had some direct experience. My wife reminds me that he's a politician, and you generally don't get the full truth from any of them. She's smarter than me.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
With any politician what you see is what you get. What you get is what you agree with. Political parties spend millions on polls, groups, studies, and psychologists to find out what you want....then in a puff of Dougs cigar smoke they become just that. After they are elected they then become just what the corporations say they are.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Finally the Maryland libs are gonna get wat they disereve. Too bad Ehrlich actually tried to make this state a better place cuz the **** is about to hit the fan. And just in time for my move to NC in the next few years. Few places are as corrupt as Balitmore politics and O'mally is gonna take his show of criminals to the state house. I plan on enjoying watching the state I love turn into a big festering pile of **** after the way the Dem senate and local media have treated the best politician they've seen in a long time.

As for the BGE thing, there's no way Ehrlich could have gotten a positive spin on anything he did. Personally I think he tried too hard. The state senate's new bill does nothing different then Ehrlichs comprimise. He said today he would have signed it had they given a provision for disclosing the interest rates on the financed increase. I guess it's too much to ask that crooked senate to pass an honest bill. What a damn joke. The best day of my life will be the day I move my family out of this state for good.

As for Duncan, I'll never believe the depression story. Just way to bizarre he has the epihony that he can't be governor because of his year long bout with depression just when he's pulling even in the polls. Ever see that television show the Dead Zone? Where the phsycic guy touches the politician and finds out he;s gonan lead the nation to the apocoplypse? That's what I think of when I see O'mally.

Great after reading this I sound like a die hard right winger. While I'll admit I'll never vote democrat , I'm in no way connected to the repub. party. In fact Ehrlich would prolly be the only repub I'd vote for in the entire country. Just try to call'em like I see'm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts