Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Sunday am, fished the high tide, drifting baits and trolling artificials all the way to deep bottom. Trolling motor got scetchy, garmin quit, wind picked up and the fishin was slow. Bueatiful windy day on the james. Saw some small cats caught neear deep bottom, but nothin big, and no striper action at all. Sure would like to land one before 12/31.
made it home safe and dry.
Still can't complain about a sunday on the James.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Sunday on the James

Tim

What do you mean about your trolling motor getting scetchy? Mine got scetchy twice this past year and after paying over $100 the first time then $93 to have it repaired the second time, I scetchyed a new one right under it. So far knock on wood I like the new one, it's a Terrova and you don't have to beat on the head or shalft to deploy it. It also has controls on the foot pedal to cut the autopolit on and off. Now I don't have to crawl over numerous objects including the kicten sink that's usually in my boat to cut it off. The only drawback is the bright lights on the foot pedal and the head. It has a ready light to show it's operating and a function light to show what functions are on. I don't know if those lights are a drain on the battery or not, but they are aggravating way over in the morning hrs. when you are sleepy. I'll just have to throw a bucket or something over it ot cover it. Sounds like you had a one of them days trip, but you can say you got out of the cabin in the fresh air, oh!! I foregot, Honeywell, or what ever the name of that paper mill smelling plant is, Yeah you had one of them days trips. If you're like me and several hundred others that fish there you still enjoyed it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I went out on the 10th a few hours before the rain hit and had a decent evening! caught 9 dinks then landed a 46 and a 71 in the dutch gap osborne area!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
The first pic was the 85 then the next two are of the 46 and 71! I went out sunday night and hookd up on another big fish but the hook came out, and of course that was the only decent bite of the night!! I guess thats why the call it fishing and not catching!! haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts