Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We put-in at Crab Alley Bay at about 2 p.m. Tried near the green can North of Bodkin I. Caught some spot and had one Rock to the surface on a metal jig. We motored over to a hump near Romacoke and caught some more Spot. Then anchored, windy conditions, in the Snooze. At first small Blues tore our Spot to pieces. But just after sundown I jigged up a fat 20" Rock. Soon therafter the dummy pole, rigged with a live Spot, started jumping, and I reeled in a 28 incher. Five minutes later a 24 incher sucked down another live Spot. With half a dozen fat little Blues and three heafty Rock in the cooler, we went home happy.

PS. I eat both Blues and Rock. I believe Blues should be eaten as soon as possible after catching and should not be frozen. I think their flavor is different from Rock, a little stronger and not as sweet, but very edible.

·
Registered
368 Posts
"PS. I eat both Blues and Rock. I believe Blues should be eaten as soon as possible after catching and should not be frozen. I think their flavor is different from Rock, a little stronger and not as sweet, but very edible."

I agree. Rub a fresh bluefish with margarine, sprinkle with lemon pepper and old bay...........broil 4 min or so on both sides....good stuff.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I fillet and skin fresh blues; then broil the fillets. Half way through the cooking, I put Chinese basil leaves on the fillets and tomato slices on top of the basil; then put back in the broiler. Delicious!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts