Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a friendly reminder of the early bird discount deadline (12/31/2010) $35 per Person for the Speckled Trout Tournament scheduled for 1/15 at Top-Rack Marina in Chesapeake. Jan 1st on entry will be $50 per Person.

Here's the link:
www.icwspeckledtroutshootout.com

It's also on Face Book

This is an Artificial Bait Only Tournament (No Live or Dead Baiting), Large Payouts and GREAT SPONSORS.

The VMRC will be handeling the weigh in and Releasable fish will be tagged, measured, weighed and released. Virginia Saltwater Award Citations will be registered at the event for qualifying fish.

There will also be a cooler there for fish carcasses to be used for research.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanx to the promoters for making this a 3 fish tourney. This fishery should be a 5 fish limit during the "hot" times, anyway. Im just sayin...

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I think since it is the "cold" times, they decided to make it a 3 fish limit. I'm Just sayin....

Maybe when they have it in the "Hot" times, they will move it up to 5 fish???

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I say it'll depend on the day.. You never know what each day will bring.. One thing is for sure, there are a lot of NICE FISH being caught right now...

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Entries are coming in daily now...

Hoping we get stellar weather on the 15th...

Nice thing about this tournament there are few weather days that would cause a reschedule, boats were fishing the areas yesterday..

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have us a tournament.. Entries are coming in and everyone seems upbeat about the fishing...

What we are missing are JUNIOR ANGLERS Ages 15 and UNDER...

Hope Everyone has a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The economy is doing just fine! There were more people fishing the ditch yesterday than you would believe.

You couldn't have swung a dead cat and not hit a trout fisherman yesterday.

Most were all using live bait. The ones fishing lures were anchored in the middle of the river... it is going to be an adventure to say the least!!!

The bite was slow for some reason. We only caught one large trout that was promptly released to be caught again on the 15th.

·
Premium Member
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Price went up to $50 per angler today.. Thanks to all who entered early.

We have quite a few boats and kayaks signed up and we can now plan on how much food and support will be needed.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Top-Rack Marina at the Captains Meeeting on the 14th

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing who will bring in the biggest fish between Capt. Blake and Capt. Hester!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts