Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone been there recently-i have had good success there around this time of year..but due to family illness havnt had the opportunity to get out this year..appreciate any imput...thanks..fred sr.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
had a great day in east neck with my son

launched at east neck -tried right out front for 2 runs..nothing..so we moved to the chester river..bouy 15--dropped 13 traps in 12foot of water from bouy south...then dropped 13 more in 8 foot of water about 200 ft on the inside..started to crab at 10.40am..and were all loaded and in truck headed back home at 4pm..total of 84 crabs..monsters.filled 2 bushels almost to the top...biggest crabs i have ever caught-and i have been crabbin for alot of years.been going there since 1974-never that size in quantity..caught alot of females also..some were close to 8 inches.hated to throw them back.but i respect the law-my son and i havnt been out together for 2 years.and i wish i could go out one more time..but i am restricted as my mom had a heart attach and i have a hard time getting away for a long period of time..but i thank God for the beautiful day and the crabs he provided.--for those interested..crabbed last hour of outgoing tide and 2 hours of incoming tide.hardly any wind-and the sun gave me a nice burn to finish the year..deeper water worked better on otgoing tide..8 foot picked up on incoming tide..have a great rest of the year..fred.sr.------trainer, pa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts