Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had some guy's from PA come down to try their hand at some fall rock fishing. The conditions were not the best, but we headed out anyway. We got out there around 11 a.m. and nothing was going on, so we trolled around for about an hour with no action. Then, about a mile away, we saw birds hitting the water hard. We made our way over, but by the time we got there the bird's sat down. Well the fishing god's were with us, we stopped directly over a school of big rocks. For about an hour the wind pushed us in the same direction as the school was moving and every cast brought up a fat 28" to 42" rock.

This is now my 3rd trip in the past week and a half with fish over 40". I've only been living in this area for 8 year's and have never seen fall fishing this good. If you only make one more trip this fall, head to the eastern bay. Everyday it's a different location, so bring a good pair of binocular's, leave your trolling gear at home, buy some 6" tsunami in white with a black dot on the side, and reel real slow.

Hope to see you out there, I'll be in a 21 boston whaler outrage or a 30' Stamas.

Todd

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Nice to see they are still hanging around. Never overlook sitting birds, they were there for a reason. I guess you found that out. Thanks for the report.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the rpt Todd.

that sound like great action.:clapping2::D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jeff, I had to spread the word. I've never seen it like this so I wanted everyone to enjoy. Fishing like this is what we all wait for, now that it's in our backyard it doesn't get better than that.

Todd

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thing is, there's no reason for anyone to pile up this weekend. The mouths of all the eastern rivers are holding big fish. I didn't post a report, but had another good evening on the north side of Kent Island last night. Ebay's hot at several places, Choptank is lit up, 50 pounders showing up for the trollers out front of all the western ramps. I heard some reports from the CCNPP this week that made my mouth water..... I think the weather will keep most folks home. Let's get 'em!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I agree with you Shawn. I really has been special for the last 2 weeks. Angus P told me would like to get out with you fishing once before the season ends if you are up for it. Let me know if you are up for it and I will set it up.
Jeff

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
With temps forcast in the 20F's Sunday morning I wouldn't think it should be to crowded Sunday. What moron would go out in that weather in a 20' CC with no enclosure? :rolleyes: :D Now where are those gannets?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Thanks for this report and your spirit of generosity… it sets a good example in my humble opinion.

May the fish gods be with you.

Norman

1 - 17 of 17 Posts