Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Pedestrians struck are statistically way up. Police departments are getting hammered by special interest groups that advocate for pedestrians. The police are doing this so the department can say they are doing something about it.
I am not justifying it. Just saying what I know as RIDICULOUS as it sounds.

And it's a LOT safer than going after criminals, lol!

·
Registered
806 Posts
There are laws against not yielding to pedestrians in crosswalks, driving with broken lights, etc, so they are going after criminals. Where is the list of crimes that should be enforced and ones that shouldn't, cause I didn't get a copy...
It's really rather nuts in Balt. City what has been declared as "Do not prosecute". Prostitution and urinating/defecating in public come to mind. Dunno where squeegee kids fall in the continuum. Now these laws are still on the books so if one were to drop a steamer on the Mayor's front stoop I suspect prosecution would be back in play.

·
Registered
792 Posts
It's really rather nuts in Balt. City what has been declared as "Do not prosecute". Prostitution and urinating/defecating in public come to mind. Dunno where squeegee kids fall in the continuum. Now these laws are still on the books so if one were to drop a steamer on the Mayor's front stoop I suspect prosecution would be back in play.
Agree, selective enforcement and prosecution (how'd I do?) is not the answer.

·
Registered
12,424 Posts
That.s how democrats want their cities to be and they're proud of it.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
How about the city suing Tabasco companies because the cities citizens don’t know how to dispose of a cigarette butt properly. We gonna sue McDonald’s next for all their bags and cups all over the place?

·
Registered
207 Posts
No, I’m calling BS on you not getting stopped by NRP or Baltimore county marine police
Never said I hadn't been stopped, but I have never had them stop me and just say "Open the cooler", or "We want to look in the cooler". Now I have been stopped and asked if I was fishing, and asked if I did any good......then I was asked "Can I look in the cooler?" Of course I did not refuse because they had a reasonable suspicion that I had fish inside my cooler, and they wanted to be sure they were legal.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts