Tidal Fish Forum banner

Eastern blvd sting

4K views 47 replies 15 participants last post by  V-Tinny 
#1 ·
An under cover cop stepping into a crosswalk, and 5 cops pulling people over people for not stopping for the pedestrian stepping into a crosswalk on a 4 lane road.

300 homicides and smash and grabs on york road. No signals, just a crosswalk in the middle of no where.

When do we, who pay so much to be on the roads, get a break?

#7 ·
Pedestrians struck are statistically way up. Police departments are getting hammered by special interest groups that advocate for pedestrians. The police are doing this so the department can say they are doing something about it.
I am not justifying it. Just saying what I know as RIDICULOUS as it sounds.

#21 ·
Pedestrians struck are statistically way up. Police departments are getting hammered by special interest groups that advocate for pedestrians. The police are doing this so the department can say they are doing something about it.
I am not justifying it. Just saying what I know as RIDICULOUS as it sounds.

And it's a LOT safer than going after criminals, lol!

#39 ·
Never said I hadn't been stopped, but I have never had them stop me and just say "Open the cooler", or "We want to look in the cooler". Now I have been stopped and asked if I was fishing, and asked if I did any good......then I was asked "Can I look in the cooler?" Of course I did not refuse because they had a reasonable suspicion that I had fish inside my cooler, and they wanted to be sure they were legal.

#41 ·
Had a NRP I know pull up alongside of me while I was LAYING a trotline.
Young guy in bow asks, "Catching many?"

Older officer facepalms.
" He's a cadet" was his explanation.

Decades ago wife and I were bank fishing for YP at Waysons. One officer in boat, one walking shoreline. 75% of the folks fishing grabbed their stuff and ran.
Wife and I sat there
" Open the cooler".

LOL, I suggested he station an officer along road and check the folks running away at the sight of NRP.
He was not amused...

#43 ·
An under cover cop stepping into a crosswalk, and 5 cops pulling people over people for not stopping for the pedestrian stepping into a crosswalk on a 4 lane road.

300 homicides and smash and grabs on york road. No signals, just a crosswalk in the middle of no where.

When do we, who pay so much to be on the roads, get a break?
I'ts a state law, have you never seen these signs? Personally I wouldn't trust any motorist to slow down nevertheless stop.
Rectangle Font Signage Circle Parallel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.