Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to calm winds and saw marine forcast was not calling
for small craft advisory till 1300. So I threw it all in the boat and left at 0630.
Arrived at 18 as the sun was coming up and put out 6 lines with eels at various
depths made 4 long drifts and at 1000 I could not start my port engine and lost
power to half my electronics. Spent the next thirty minutes checking and pulling
on all battery connections ( I thought ). Based on forcast I decided to cut the day
short and head back to poquoson on one. Two hours later and as the wind is now
a steady 20 knots ( glad I left when I did ) I arrive back to a super low tide. I
sometimes expect that this time of year so had pulled and tied of my Port-A-Boat
outside of my cove when I left. I glad I did because I could not trim up that port
engine to push my way in on a low tide.
After I tied up I did some more searching and found a broken cable going into
the battery selector switch. Never fails I find the problem after slow trip back.
Oh well no fish today but still better than work. I will be back out again soon.

·
Registered
631 Posts
thats 1 ugly connector. learned a long time ago to check battery connections first. went out 2 fire my boat up, cranked slow, checked connectors same as yours!

·
Registered
771 Posts
You may know already.... this stuff works!

NO-OX-ID

Coat conductors before the crimp and coat the connectors before they are bolted down.
Works great on GPS, and VHF plugs too.:thumbup:

Glad you made it back safe!

James

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I am sure that was a fun ride on one engine! Dang that tide gets low! Sorry no love from the striper gods......

Glad you got it figured out!!

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
brian one day i had fishdad & playinhooky meet me @ owl's creek to fish on an icey morn & had a battery cable catch on fire @ the dock. 1st time for them from hampton area to my boat. it happens.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I had a loose ground that drove me nuts for a long time. Boat ran fine until the block heated up then it would miss. Glad you got back in and found the issue.

Keith

·
Registered
185 Posts
Brian, do you think your boat is paying you back for not taking her out since you have been showing all the love to the ski? :yes:

·
Registered
98 Posts
I saw the LAST RESORT out around 18 on Tuesday....we only caught one fish all day and that was at 4pm. Pretty rough around the Highrise yesterday!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts