Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time out for me in a couple of months. Fished from Shelltown with friend Bernie in his Lund. Used only bloodworms. We didn't do much until the tide started moving out then we did pretty good. Caught white perch, catfish and a small striper. No many but the perch were nice and fat. Watched bald eagles all day and had to strip out of the sweatshirt in the mid afternoon. (Nice to finally have to do that after a long cold winter.) Good to get the season started.

Fish products Fish Fishing Recreation Tail

Fish Marine biology Fishing Ray-finned fish Recreational fishing

Watch Water Fish Fin Marine biology

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Hollywood9s...it was nice just to be on the water and look at the eagles, tall reeds, and the pines that were on the water's edge. Beautiful and good for the soul.

Water Sky Plant Natural landscape Lake

Water Cloud Sky Water resources Lake

·
Registered
436 Posts
Nice report Doug. Good to see the white perch on the Pocomoke. Beautiful day to be out! After a great week with the whites, the Nanticoke out of Sharptown was a little slow for me today. Think I need to head upriver.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Kevin.....We thought about the Nanticoke today but the tide wasn't going to work for us today as I had a curfew. I forgot to mention that we did best when the tide was running out.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Shawn....I was thinking I should have put somthing in for perspective but I think we had a couple or three pushing 12".

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice report, can't wait to start fishing myself. The warmer weather sure is motivating me, winter time is depressing.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Have to work in Pocomoke next few weeks..... wondering how far up the river the perch are?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks for the report Don't get many from, down that way. Even the picture looks tasty:) We tried Dames Quarter Sunday afternoon. It was beautiful... Couldn't buy a Perch?/but as tide started out we got 10 very feisty little Stripers up to 22".. water was 54 degrees Saw some gannets crashin at Great shoals light but it was one every 20 minutes??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.