Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving into work this A.M. (5:30) on the 20 miles from my house north to work I passed no less than 50 boats in tow heading south for the opening day of flounder season. It looks like the large fish regs. & all the trash we strategicly placed along side all the roads here on the shore failed to deter & offend the the invaders enough to keep them away.:rolleyes:

Oh well, the hotel and tackle shop owners will be happy.. Good luck when you go.:fishing2:

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HEY BOB! Its good to hear from you. How have you been?

No Im working till 6 this evening so I dont think I will be doing much today. Have you done any recon. yet? Im off Tues, Weds., and Thurs. this week so I may try one of those days. Again, its good to hear from you..:yes:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Larry - I haven't been out yet, but did manage to get a USCG Aux CME yesterday. I was surprised that my lights still worked, and my flares are current. I've been getting a decal annually for the last few years - the Auxiliary has a great program.
I'll probably go out this week and see if I can find a flounder...
Bob

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Mr. Bois,
Are you the Bobby Bois I know that worked out of Poquoson Marina at one time then moved to Eastern Shore? If so, we sure regret you leaving!!
BudC

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bob: Yeah our anglers club would have the Coast guard Aux. doing courtesy inspections each years at one of our monthly meetings and I used to get it done every year. send me a bmail later in the week and let me know how you do. Also bmail me your current email address so we can stay in touch.
thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
BudC - Yep, that's me. Transferred to the ES in '79. Thanks for the kind words. I kept my State boat at the Poquoson Marina, right near the office. After retiring from the AF in '72, I owned a 40' Patent Tong Clam boat that I kept at Messick Point, but sold it when I went to work with VMRC in '77. I ran the 45' boat "Happy Hour" for the Langley NCO Club for a couple of years during that time. Retired from VMRC in '95, and have been fishing ever since....
Bob B

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Larry - I'm headed that way Tu or Th, give me a yell.

Bob - Good to see your name pop up. Robert just bought a house over on Seaside Road. I may stop by to say hello when I'm over there (gotta hang some curtain rods for my Grandmother). I may try to slip outside for some Flounder fishing while over there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Al - Haven't heard anything about seaside flounder down this way yet. Come on by anytime. You better hang those curtain rods straight, or Bertha will have you doing it again! Where on Seaside Road did Robert by the house?
Bob

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Bob - You're right about Mamaw's "Quality Control".. LOL

He's about 1/2 - 3/4 mi. south of the road to Oyster. Sits back off the road a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Bob - Nope, it was a family that built a house to retire to from NJ. They were in it for ~6 mo. when the man had a heart attack and died.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts