Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another attack of "just lucky" I guess.

48" - 45 lbs.

Eeling the Eastern Shore way further North of Cape Charles than I wanted to go. Thought I would be in Tangier Island soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice fish, sushi!

Those northern runs are certainly brutal.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nice fish!

I was just curious how folks decide where to eel. Structure? Marks? Known migration routes?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Nice job, we ran 40 miles for a limit of 20"s, the trip home was certainly interesting in that slop!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
there is something seriously wrong with this fish. I have a 46 incher on my wall that weighed 51 lbs. are these fish being starved out by Omega?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
there is something seriously wrong with this fish. I have a 46 incher on my wall that weighed 51 lbs. are these fish being starved out by Omega?
I've caught 10 fish from 45-48" in the last 8 years. Not a one has weighed 40 lbs. That being said, I caught one preseason that was 44" and was 44 lbs on my scale on the boat. All ten of those fish had their guts stuffed with bunker. Maybe some fish are just obese like some people.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Geez people there is a dramatic difference in fish weights from fish to fish for a variety of reasons. There is even a pretty big difference in the weights of equal length fish male to female. Females with roe and associated plumbing can run heavier than males of the same nose to tail measurement. The BMI ranges from fish to fish can range as well. Don't even get me started on fish with Myco; one of the chief signs of Myco is loss of body fat (that translates to reduced weight).

Marry Christmas!!!

R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts