Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made fall surf fishing trips to the Eastern Shore for the past couple of years and had some limited success. Since we got partially rained out last year, my wife has said that it would be OK to do a spring trip too! [excited]

Has anyone fished the spring Drum run and what part of May is best for that fishery?

·
Registered
855 Posts
They should be around the lower part in mid may, as they are around the bayside. I dont know much about Assateage Chicoteage (sp?) for drum. As far as I can guess they are much rarer that far up, and should arrive a couple weeks later. You may check the Maryland board, since most of the fishermen will be from there. I can tell you there is a great red drum fishery out of boats on the lower Va part. If you want to surf fish, you will have to take a boat out to the barrier islands and walk over to the surf, which can be very productive.

I cant really say for red drum, since i dont know exactly how many actually get up to assateage. There is always great floundering, and trout around the shallows. You should also have some very good chances at big stripers migrating back north.-check the Maryland folks on the "original" (upper bay) board.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.