Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my Saturday morning (4/22). Set up and around 5:40 heard the first. Closer to 6:00 could hear 7 or 8 more. Sounds like a great morning. Reposition to face the most gobbles and have decoys to my back. About 6:30, catch two heads out of the corner of my eyes out past the decoys. Both jakes and didn't have a shot. They walked behind me less than 10 feet and kept going. Next, I have a hen talking to me, with a gobbler behind her. I set up to let her pass to take the gobbler. She walks within 5 foot, sees me and flies up a tree. Gobbler spooks and flies away in the opposite direction. I think there goes my day! I wait 15 minutes and start calling again. Hear another gobbler answer me. Wait 10 minutes, call again and hear him moving across left to right. Wait anothe 5 minutes, call again and hear him still moving left to right. OK, he's circling around me to get to the decoys. I see his blue and red head in full strut at about 60 yards out. I let him go behind some trees and reposition to shoot left handed. Call again (softly)and he moves closer. When I had a good clear shot, I took him at 37 paces. Didn't weigh him but about 20#, 10 1/2 inch beard and 1 1/4 inch spurs. I tried to get my 7 yo son to go but he didn't want to get up. I don't think I can keep him from going this Saturday. I'll try to post a picture. (Someone please explain it one more time!) Thanks.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.