Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bank of America (formerly MBNA) is attempting to issue credit cards to illegal immigrants. It states that as long as the individual has had an account for three months with them w/o overdrawing it, they may apply for a preset limit card with an initial fee of $99. No SSN, no nothin', just 3 months and 99 bucks. They can take the money they've earned illegally from the job they've gotton illegally from the employer that hired them illegally and get themselves some credit. So when they default on the card, BofA will just jack the rates up or get reimbursed by the feds. Either way, the honest people lose.
Also, what about the nefarious types that want money for their hijinks? Just call yourself Hector Gomez and you too my friend can buy weapons w/ your easy-to-default-on BofA credit card! Ain't America great?

Excuse me whilst I go pound my head against a wall....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
That is so jacked-up!

They probably start them out with a $50 credit limit. If they use the card, make the payments on time, after 6 months it gets jacked up to a $250 credit limit. It's a great way to make interest and fees on a new pool of suckers.

What's really jacked-up is the case of a poor 17 year old kid whose parents ruined his credit by using their kid's SSN#. His credit was messed up before he got a chance. Of course he didn't want his mom and dad going to jail for fraud.

·
Registered
16,824 Posts
Let's be realistic. Bank of America is not an American company. Certainly you guys knew that!

Bank of America is a multi-national company which operates in a number of countries under different names which relate to the company that they are operating in. You will find them in Brazil, Chile, as well as China. They don't care if the money is green, or blue, or red, or gold as long as you bank with them. I believe that the Bank of America is still operating under the charter that records them as Bank of Italy. You really shouldn't let the names fool you. Their current corporate headquarters are located in Charlotte. But their business is not an American one.

Bank of America has huge holdings in Latino countries. This was a logical, business move for them. They do not care if we as Americans like what they do or not. It will not effect their bottom line.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
11,849 Posts
Let's be realistic. Bank of America is not an American company. Certainly you guys knew that!

Bank of America is a multi-national company which operates in a number of countries under different names which relate to the company that they are operating in. You will find them in Brazil, Chile, as well as China. They don't care if the money is green, or blue, or red, or gold as long as you bank with them. I believe that the Bank of America is still operating under the charter that records them as Bank of Italy. You really shouldn't let the names fool you. Their current corporate headquarters are located in Charlotte. But their business is not an American one.

Bank of America has huge holdings in Latino countries. This was a logical, business move for them. They do not care if we as Americans like what they do or not. It will not effect their bottom line.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
But...but....their sign is red, white and blue! ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts