Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Sandy Point about 9:45 - had to dodge a boat that was weaving around the pilings setting crab pots along the bridge by the jetty. Didn't have to run very far - checked a couple of locations and anchored on some nice marks. Had a good pick of Spot for about an hour - lots of 4" - 5" spot with several 6" - 8" mixed in . . fun fishing on ultra light tackle. Kept about 10 in the livewell.
Current was still running a little too fast to fish around the bridge pilings so decided to run to the east side to look for perch while waiting for better current. Saw Skip (27 Sailfish) and Gary (Crabby and Son) doing circles around a jug. He was looking for someone's lost anchor. Since we both have side scan units, he invited me to take a couple of laps to see if I could spot the prize. I think we both noticed the same possible targets.
Current was slowing so I headed north to look for Rock. Found some nice marks along a dropoff and decided to try a couple of drifts before setting the anchor. Sent a frisky 8" Spot up current and let him swim back as the boat drifted north. About a minute later, the baitrunner is singing - line comes tight, the fish made a few nice runs, but I got the fat 29"'er in the net.

Saw some dark clouds brewing in the western sky so released the rest of the spot from the livewell and headed back to the ramp. Boat on trailer and heading down Rt 50 could see lightening in the distance. Got about halfway home and drove through a 15 minute downpour - - at least the boat got washed off.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Thanks for posting the report and picture. It's nice to see people landing some bigger fish, great job.

Mike

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Good seeing you out there Ralph. Thanks for your help searching and real nice striper you got!........ Gary

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
29 incher alone had to be fun netting.

FWIW - found anchor but north - even north west of piling. May have spotted it with side scan but dismissed it based on captain directions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts