Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a decent night sleep, I went over to watch the weigh-in. The anglers didn't look as tired as I would have expected. Maybe I should have fished it.

2 fish tournament.

Winners:

1st 98.9 Bennett/Wright
2nd 78.x Martin/Parrish
3rd 73.x Gough
4th 72.x
5th 65.x
6th 60.x
7th 59.x
8th 54.x
9th 54.x
10t 52.x

I think big fish was a mid 50 fish. Hugh took second place big fish with a 47.

Looked like fun.

Dayton

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No prob Bob. Actually, all three Cannon men were too scared to fish the ECCC. So they went and hid on the Mattipony for half the night.

I came across the pic of Joe and thought, that if he had fished the tourney, his pic would look much the same!!![grin] You gotta love the old guy. And he can save you a bunch of money on your car insurance.

Hey Rick, nice to meet you this morning. Hope to see you on the water.

Dayton

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks like Hugh and April Lynne got some bass trophies? Did ya'll have a side bet on the most or biggest bass?[grin]

·
Registered
52 Posts
StriperJoe was beached on the bank of the Pamunkey last night. I dont think he had time to catch any bream.[grin][grin]
[excited][excited]

·
Registered
39 Posts
Dayton, nice meeting you the other week, sorry been so busy that I haven't been back on for a while, I watched the turny all night, I had three friends from west Virginia out here to fish and watched all the boats come and ga all night, we started at Dutch Gap and worked all the way to deep bottom and man did they have a time, several big fish and one over 50#, his scales went to 50 and it bottomed it out!!! his first trip to the James and his first Blue cat and man it was good, they wanted to know what all the boats were out for and I told them, also told them about the tourny on the 23RD, they are going to try and make plans to come back for it. I hope they make it. the are coming back on the 9th of july for an all nighter again and bringing a couple others with them that has never fished blue cats or the James. so any of you guys that want to join us and show some out of towners a good time on the river just let me know. we fish and talk and have a good time. they are all friends of mine from the board I am a mod and advisor on that is strickley catfishing. we prefer the saturday night gig since the jetskis and jet boats don't run the river at night. anyway thanks for the results and look foward to getting out soon with you guys and doing some cat'in.

thanks
Earl

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey there TrapperE. Good to hear from you. Hope you make the tournament on the 23rd. Note that we changed things a little.

July 23rd JRCC 6pm-2am out of HOPEWELL . $50 entry plus $10 big fish. This is a 2 fish tournament. No Dead Fish.

Hope the info gets to everyone. I will send out an email to everyone on the JRCC mailing list and post to the big JRCC thread here so we can notify everyone.

Don't keep catching my 50 pound fish. That ain't nice![tongue]

Dayton

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Dayton, thanks for the heads up on the change, I hope your talking about the old marina ramp at the bridge off Rt10, that's the only one I know of. any way thanks again.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Who lied? Come-on, let us in on it! I love a good lie/story.

Catnaround, does Hopewell have much for lights at 2am. Wondering if we need to bring some with us for the July 23rd tournament.

Now, back to the lie. What gives. Lets get 'um!

Dayton

1 - 20 of 26 Posts