Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well at least he did for me. Wanted to extend my thanks to Ed for getting me back on the water for spring 2011, otherwise I would have been SoL! A lot of guys put faith in Ed & Hi Tech Marine, with good reason, true to his word, he is a solid guy. At the end of last season, realized I had blown a piston. (I thought, Shoot this is gonna hurt!) Ed worked with me through the whole process, ultimately trailered the boat to his shop in about February, and had a new power head for me by mid March. I’ve been breaking her in over the last 2 -3 weeks and yesterday was my first day of fishing. She’s running like a top, glad to be back on the water and I owe Ed a debt of gratitude.

Launched yesterday from the mouth of the Severn at about 7:30 with my son and headed toward Bloody point. I had hoped for a nicer day, but still the water was pretty flat with little wind, mid 50’s, gray skies and high expectations! Got my 6 rod spread out by 8:30 and initially ran south weaving in and out of the west side channel.

About 9:30, got a hit on the small 2 oz tandem off a board, that was 70’ back, heading north, near BPL. (a black & white 6” shad, with white parachute & black head!) It was back there a ways and didn’t even bother to pull it out for the photo op. It was a small 32 or 34 inch fish and right back in he went. Reset the spread and trolled for the next three hours between 86 & BPL and zip, nada, nothing. Saw marks a couple of times but mostly a lot of blue screen. Crossed the channel heading back toward the Severn, and dragged the spread past a couple of the anchored ship but no takers there either. Pulled in the spread and headed for the paddock.

Overall a frustrating day as I had hoped for better. Thought that tide, temperature and timing had aligned, but no. Not quite sure why I didn’t catch better? And beyond that not really sure why I got the one I did???? Thought I was in the right place, at the right time but didn’t get as many hits as I would have expected, and certainly not as many as I wanted, but maybe that was the norm. Oh well, certainly a short spread probably hurts, but will be at ‘em again soon I hope. Thanks Ed!

Pics of my neighbors boat, my son reeling, the usual suspects and crashed out in the cuddy,

Ted

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Ed is a great guy and top notch mechanic.

Every now / then he'll call me - just to check on how my motors are running - plus check I'm changing filters / etc on time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Coach, yes Wish a Fish for sure! Looking forward to it as well as seeing you there.

Skip, thanks for putting me on to Mr. Miller.

Jerry, Hope I didn’t burn your spot, but I think most people know where that is, as well as where you fish. I did wave!

See ya,
Ted

1 - 6 of 6 Posts