Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the posters on this forum would know all about Ed's marine Superstore, both negative and positive information.
What about Ed's?
Bob

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
All I know is that a friend of mine bought a Johnson from there. No hassele he picked it up there and installed it himself so that's all I know. He got it at a good price.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Got a good deal on a boat (I used Lisa as my sales person) very friendly and everything stayed put on my boat as I drove it back to Chesapeake. Have not even tried to get it serviced there, because of the horror stories you are about to read! Good Luck! I don't know where you live but here is a heads if you get a Carolina Skiff be aware that Norfolk Marine will not work on it if it came from Ed's! They hate them!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I just bought my boat from them and got great deal saved about 4 or 5k. The electronics are very high priced.... but the boat motor and trailer package deals are great.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Whew ok new guys, here is the scoop we go throuigh this every year,,,,,,

1) do not buy a sea boss
2) do not expect service from Ed's
3) do a search on here for boat brands and dealers you should find a ton especially on Ed's
4) look at boat US website to see if any probs have been reported on the boat and dealer you are going to buy from also they will tell you of recalls, If you are not a member of BoatUS become one!
5) IF you can't decide on a new or used boat, Jim Baugh did a real nice article on it, do a search on here for it or go to his web site....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Whew ok new guys, here is the scoop we go throuigh this every year,,,,,,

1) do not buy a sea boss
2) do not expect service from Ed's
3) do a search on here for boat brands and dealers you should find a ton especially on Ed's
4) look at boat US website to see if any probs have been reported on the boat and dealer you are going to buy from also they will tell you of recalls, If you are not a member of BoatUS become one!
5) IF you can't decide on a new or used boat, Jim Baugh did a real nice article on it, do a search on here for it or go to his web site....
Oh come on, don't end the fun this early:D When the sign at the parts and service counter say CASH ONLY! Don't walk, run from that place.

·
Registered
188 Posts
should i take my sea boss bac,sea pro mold?
am i going to sink,no wood, glass and composit!
whats the prob,with them please let me know.

Sea Boss is a division of Sea Pro Boats which was founded in Blair, South Carolina in 1987. Sea Boss enjoys the reputation of building quality products with superior components at affordable prices. Sea Boss manufactures offshore center consoles and walk-arounds, bay boats, dual console fish and skies and new for 2006, skiffs Boating Atlanta can rig your boat with your choice of a Mercury, Honda or Yamaha outboard.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Personally I would not, and have not bought, a new boat from Ed's. But he does have low prices. But it is how he gets the price down you need to be careful of. Go to or call another dealer that handles the boat you're looking at and how it is spec'd/set-up. Trailers and motors are where some of the $ is wrung out. Lower quality, smaller trailers, "new" motors that are last year's models, etc. Make him quote on the same specs, then decide if you want to save on those items. Go over the boat with a fine tooth comb before you pay the balance and if you miss somethiing don't waste your time trying to get him to make good-you're more likely to get struck by lightning than chances of that happening.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thats what i did as soon as i told them the price,
they said you geting it form eds!we cant touch
the prices.if you know how to do more than put gas in and
go, i think you will be ok.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Father in law bought a new boat at a show 2 years ago from Eds, got a decent price. However, it had a bad fuel sending unit right out the gate. After three trips back and forth from Ashland to West Point they finally diagnosed the problem correctly. Told him to drop it off so they could install a new one. They had the boat for almost two weeks, so my father in law called to see whats up. They told him they had to order the sending unit and it hadn't come in yet. Another week goes by and he calls back, they tell him your boat has been ready for two weeks and wondered why he hadn't come to pick it up. He is a man of far greater patience than I. I personally would not buy a damn thing from them. Would rather pay a few more $ than deal with crooks who don't back up their merchandise.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It's been said before. Cash and carry and don't expect any service. I personally have purchased an engine from them and have no complaints. Good price!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Come on guys...

It is the age of Wal Mart! Bottom dollar pricing and roll the dice!

Just like my buddy who bought a deer rifle and $99 scope from Wal Mart and then asked me how to bore sight it....if he had bought it from a reputable dealer then they would have done it for free.....

Come on Spring.....!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts