Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I, like many others, will be heading out Monday to try eel fishing for the first time and i could use a little info. I am driving from Annapolis and want to make the most of the day.

1. Is the bite good all day? Most of the postings and pictures seem to be late or at night.
2. Where is a good spot to buy the eels? I will be putting in at Kiptopeke Park, coming down from the eastern shore.
3. It does not look to be to windy on Monday, but if it is, has there been a bite at the 9' shoal?

Thanks for the help. I have learned a lot from this board over the last couple of years.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
There is a lot of data on this board about eeling...an unbelievable amount really.

The short of it, yes, they can bite all day but certain portions of the tide will be better. Day in day out, I don't know what those since I don't fish every day but be prepared to fish entire tide cycles and be PATIENT. I prefer at night at the High Rise but many nice fish are caught from Kipto to the mouth of the bay during daytime

I believe Chris' bait and tackle right there near Kipto is the place. I'm sure they can give you some feedback on the bite

I don't know about 9' Shoal but there should be birds working over schools of fish somewhere along the span....inside and outside the bay.

Good luck out there. I am thinking about fishing Tuesday...

Glenn

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
When you come out of Kiptopeake, head for Buoy 18 which is just NW of the ramp. Set up approx. 100 yard inshore of the buoy and have a ball. Secondly, you can turn left and go down thru the High Rise Bridge to the buoys to the east and fish the edges of the channel--also a good spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts