Tidal Fish Forum banner

What is your preference when targeting Big Stripers?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about that time again so I thought a poll would be appropriate. Over the years I've heard so many good fishermen have a debate on the subject of Eeling vs Trolling. So I'm wondering how many of you like eeling or trolling or what you do like. This question is referring to the season prior to the Bay closure. Of course it could reflect your opinion to fishing off the ocean front starting Jan1 as well. Feel free to comment and take your vote on the poll. :rockon:

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have alot reasons($$$$$) for fishing with eels. For those who have my dvd the secret codes will be sent out in next tuesday in the private emails to each owner of my dvd. thanks again and lets catch alot of fish together this fall.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
max says he doesn't know how/where........ yeah right :hysterical: :whistlingatu: :roflguy:

secret codes ??? I gotta get that DVD !!!!! Who has 'em close to Gloucester? Maybe Bishops ?

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I do both. But, I prefer the eels as you can use much lighter tackle and fight only the fish, not the current and/or a ton of weight.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Fishboy

Yes the new improved bishops has the dvd and he also has installed eel tanks. Greg's bait and tackle will ship for free from his banner ad link here on the virginia board. This year we will be in the white CC. I am about ready!

max

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I like to do both...so I'm a 50/50 guy. No doubt, eels catch a bigger class of fish consistently but I also enjoy the trolling game very much.

Glenn

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
I do both but enjoy eeling a bit more.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I am going to swim some eels in the ocean this year at the usual spots just to see
what happens.. Haven`t done the eel thing yet, but MK`s dvd has sparked my interest
in using them..I`m still old school and mostly wireline and troll a full spread in the ocean.
But I can try new tricks, now we need the wind to lay out for more than a few hours. With
gas prices down it helps this retired guy fish more, just need the wx.

Capt.Skid

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fishboy

Yes the new improved bishops has the dvd and he also has installed eel tanks. Greg's bait and tackle will ship for free from his banner ad link here on the virginia board. This year we will be in the white CC. I am about ready!

max
Thanks Max, think I'll make a trip to Bishops today. White CC huh? trying to throw us off :whistlingatu: ? I've been ready if the wind will subside just below SCA..... good luck this season

·
Registered
771 Posts
As long as the rod bends...

I have a short attention span...:rolleyes: Trolling keeps me busy even when the fishing's slow. That day of dropping down to only two rods with bare mojos and getting double hookups every time still ranks pretty high in my mind.:D

Eeling is more relaxing, and more consistent for the BIG fish. I enjoy it immensely.:bigfish:

However..... Coming up on 38-40+" fish splashing the surface with their tails and no one else around....indescribable.:thumbup: Casting storms to them on lighter tackle and getting hooked up every cast is something I've only lucked into once. My #1 choice would be to see a ~40" fish swimming along side the boat with 3 others his size trying to get the storm out of his mouth!!!:D It happened once...it can happen again.:yes:

James

1 - 20 of 42 Posts