Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide recommendations for purchasing eels from the VB, Norfolk, or Portsmouth. Looking for availability, sizes and prices. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Oceans East 2 & Bayside both siad they had eels today when I called, $20/dz I heard on the phone, dont know about sizes.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Mike:

I've always got mine from OE 2, because they are close to my house, $20.00/doz. is what I paid but PAD has them (I prefer to buy things from PAD 'cause I feel they are the best tackle shop around) and Crab Creek outfitters had them last year for $17.00/doz. I never worried too much about size just didn't want huge ones or tiny ones I also liked the darker colored ones that seemed more important than size. This year I have the opportunity to get eels considerably cheaper than tackle shop prices and I will be keeping them on hand all winter long in a tank I built in my garage!!!

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
Check with Jamie(racn35) on the board. Crab Creek Tackle.

Crab Creek Pizza (at Lynnhaven Bridge) installed a tank outside and will have them available . Not sure of the price. Pretty convenient . Pull your boat up, buy em and away ya go !

Dennis:))

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. A coworker hosts a friendly striper event with a kid friendly fish fry at the weigh-in every year this week and I try to participate, but I haven't had time to even think about striper fishing this year. A quick look at the weather forcast today and the thumbs up from my wife at dinner made me start thinking... maybe!

Lou, It's been a long time... Hope all is well!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mike:

I've always got mine from OE 2, because they are close to my house, $20.00/doz. is what I paid but PAD has them (I prefer to buy things from PAD 'cause I feel they are the best tackle shop around) and Crab Creek outfitters had them last year for $17.00/doz. I never worried too much about size just didn't want huge ones or tiny ones I also liked the darker colored ones that seemed more important than size. This year I have the opportunity to get eels considerably cheaper than tackle shop prices and I will be keeping them on hand all winter long in a tank I built in my garage!!!
Lou, can you send a picture of the bait tank, I have wanted to put one in my garage. Do you have a sort of slime filtration system?
Taylor

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Brian,

Jared is out for the season..........

1 - 20 of 22 Posts