Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where a man could get eels on the eastern shore Virginia. I understand Chris's bait and Tackle is closed. I'll be coming down through Deleware.
Any help will be appreciated. Fishing Thur & Fri out of Kiptopeke.
Les

·
Registered
860 Posts
That explains why I keep getting their answering machine. Apparently, they don't open until Monday 1/15.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Les: Had all the big fish we wanted last week on jigs.;)
Tight lines,

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
J k Good to hear from you. Now a question I only ask? Did you catch a 50 lbder? I'm looking for a 50 lb bubba so as I can join the 50 lb club you know what I mean. Most of the over 50's were caught on EEEEEEELLS. I read too much? My chances are greater here at the bridge then on the flats. Even though I know of some 50's were caught on the flats.
I got plenty of jigggs & rubber. Yup going for the biggins. Bill & Simon are going too,I'm going with Stuffer.
Les who sees stripes in his sleep!

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Les,

I'm in the same boat as you. I want a biggun and don't care if I keep it. Going into C. Island just to get bait is a little stupid. Did you ever get a contact for the other bait store? I'll be coming through the area late Saturday evening and want to get some eels. I'm a proficient jigger and fly fishermen but it just doesn't produce the bigguns.

I'm torn between coming down the other shore but I hate to trailer over that bridge and Kiptopeake is a long way to go in my boat by water.

I'll be out on Sunday looking for bubba. I'll monitor 68 from time to time too. Good luck.

Jon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts