Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tracked a deer for several hours and over 1,000 yds. this weekend, then eventually lost the blood trail. The deer was shot Fri. night and bled a good bit. We tracked for awhile then decided to stop and continue in the morn. Went back after the morning hunt and was on him a few hours before losing blood. Not sure it would have helped in this case, but has anyone ever used one of those infra-red game finders. My dad brought this up and nobody in our club had any experience so I told him I would toss it out to the experts. Any comments/opinions would be appreciated! Thanks. Paul

·
Registered
84 Posts
Never tried'em, but I dont think anything works better then a good dog on a lead when you have blood. Just give'em a couple lil scraps after guttin to show your appreciation !

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have heard the infrareds don't work well at any distance. and that with all the trees and cover they do not see well through them. A dogs nose is a great tracker. I know the feeling of not finding a wounded deer. Unfortunately it is just part of hunting.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Don't waste your money. One of the guys at the hunt club bought one. We each took turns tring it out with the same results. Even used it in area where we knew the deer were and it could find them. Save your money and buy a good tracking dog.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts