Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday when I went to check on my boat after the big snow in Lynnhaven Colony, I was greeted with the sight of my Garmin 3210 ripped out. WHen I say ripped, I mean it. I had it installed in such a way that it would have taken alot of effort to get out. THe bummer is after deductable and depreciation, there is not a whole left left to replace the unit which burns me more than anything.

Do any of you fellow Tidalfishers have or know someone who may have a Garmin 3210 for sale from a recent upgrage. I also remember a Marine Electronics company up in GLoucestor mentioned once on this board that may sell ussed equipment but cant remember name. Not particualrely a good time to not have a chartplotter fishfinder for sure:-(

·
Registered
195 Posts
I just copied this from another forum. I can get the link to take me to the website, but not to the individual units for sale (at least not the refurbished ones). Hopefully you'll have better luck, because they look like they have some very good deals:

"Just purchased factory refurbished Garmin 5212 from Get feet wet . com.

There are a few smaller refurbished units listed on there site.
Links below....

Garmin498 internal antenna and transducer...$475 or without ducer for $425
http://www.getfeetwet.com/products/S...-N0504-02.aspx

They also have a 545 garmin for $580

http://www.getfeetwet.com/products/S...-N0601-00.aspx

A smokin deal on a Garmin 3206.. $699 ( however you will need a gsd21 to get it to fish finder/depth). It can be networked and do radar over chart.

http://www.getfeetwet.com/products/S...-N0527-00.aspx

Always have purchased refurbished units and never had a problem. Previous boat had a refurbished 3010c garmin."

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm right there with you. I think it happened Saturday night. I had my brand new furuno fcv-585 stolen. However they did not damage the boat or wiring.Mine is in Capps.
Good Luck,

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That really sucks! This should be a warning for all folks that have their boat unguarded in the Great Neck-Shore Drive area. Go check and make sure your stuff is good and defnitely don't assume it is safe if you can see it. Best defense is to take it out until this person(s) is/are caught.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Yeah we had 3 or 4 of our clients get hit in the last week 3 boats at Capps 2 in the water one on the hard. One lost about $7,000 worth of new Furuno 3D stuff, one lost color bottom machine and radar display the other one lost two flat screens, also have a customer in Lynnhaven colony where I live lost a Furuno color combo unit. Hope they nail the bastards but beware somone is working this neck of the woods until they get nailed.
Scott
Virginia Beach Boats

·
Registered
70 Posts
They got me too, both flat screens(Northstar 6000i's) and my marine radio. I just found out about it from my mechanic, who took my boat up to Capp's to work on it. The guy at Capps told me that they hit 7 boats in his place, plus several more at other marina's near by. I cannot believe that with that many boats, no one saw any thing unusual. I have already missed most of the stiper season due to the motor problem, and now the boat will be out of commission until the I can finish dealing with the insurance and getting the equipment replaced.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We had our Garmin 3210 stolen in early October from the City Marina. Just the unit, no cables, etc. and no damage to boat. Two other boats at the marina, including the Boat US Tow Boat had all their electronics stolen also. Luckily for us, our insurance covered the majority of the replacement. Was able to upgrade to a refurbished Garmin 4212 from GetFeetWet.com. Seems like the theft is all along the waterway in Virginia Beach. Hope they catch them soon. Take my unit down after each fishing trip and lock it up now.

Capt. Lee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts