Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for Ele, Herb or Mike, plan on putting in at the Park ramp this year but heard some storys about truck break ins, is there any truth to that. I know several guys that us that ramp and have had no problems. Would love any feed back. John B...

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
The last time I used that ramp (some time ago) the entrance to the park was guarded. No problems back then. I'm not really certain, but I believe that entrance is no longer guarded, and fees are on the honor system. If no guard, I can see how that remote parking lot can perhaps have some problems. But I don't know that for sure.

I've heard of infrequent break-ins where people leave their vehicles to walk to the shore for fishing. Don't know if that's still a hit-or-miss factor or not.

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
what!

that sucks:confused: , was hoping to use that as my go to spot this year and avoid the crowds at HdG. Got a park pass and everything.:mad:

someone chime in who's been there a few times.

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I spent a weekend there camping and using the ramp, we had no problems and the park ranger was on patrol all the time, he probably checked on us 5 times over the weekend at the ramp and through out the park. There was no sign a malicious behavior

·
Registered
185 Posts
I also spent a weekend camping there last summer and using the ramp. You have to drive through a gated entrance where there is a gatehouse. There was an attnedent in the gatehouse where you payed your fee. I didn't have any problems, and the place looked clean and well maintained.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Elk Neck Park Ramp

I live out Elk Neck Peninsula and use the park ramp all season with no problems. The rangers do patrol and the entrance has a attendant during the summer season. It is the best launch ramp around compared to most. and a short run to the flats. Lock up and you should be fine.
Good fishing!

PS There is still water there when the big ships go by!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
I have never heard of any problems with the State Park ramp. It is a great ramp and facilities.

Also, as mentioned above, Anchor Marina is great also. You can launch at both places 24/7.

I believe both ramps are $10.00.

Ele

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Rogue waves at the ramp, and the bulkhead.

It's AFTER the big ships go by when the area can be fun.....maybe that's why they call it "Rogue's Harbor".....

Other than that, it's a very nice facility...plenty of room, plenty of parking, etc.

·
Registered
38 Posts
state park ramp

been using it for 6 years with no problems. 1st year i got a golden age card. good for people 60 and ovet to use marland state ramps for free. a great deal. funny thing i saw there early one am. had parked my truck and was walking down to the boat. two car went by me, one with a guy and one with a gal. they parked almost hidden at the back end of the lower lot. i don't think they were going fishing and i don't believe breaking into cars was on there mind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.