Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,

I'm thinking about spending several days at Emerald Isle between now and January. What fishing opportunities are there? I am familiar with OI and Hatteras, but not further down.

Is there a charter fleet nearby? I have an 18' Trophy Walkaround. Are there good places I could get to with that?

Thanks for your tips.
David

·
Registered
73 Posts
There is plenty of good fishing around the Emerald Isle area. Back around Beaufort Inlet you can catch sea mulet, grey trout, speckled trout, red drum, King mackerel. flase albacore and a number of other fish. There are chartes in both Atlantic Beach and Morehead City. If I can help you with any fishing information or a charter give us a call at Capt. Joe Shute's Bait & Tackle. 1-800-868-0941. I have a fly shop, tackle shop and both an inshore and offshore charter service.

Capt. Joe Shute

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CAPT Joe,

Sounds pretty good! What would you be catching off shore between now and January?

Do you have a website for your fishing services?

David

·
Registered
185 Posts
There is a great tackle shop in Emerald Isle called The Reel Outdoors. Give Greg a call and he will put you inthe right spot. There has been a good trout bite in the surf the past week right next to the Bogue Inlet Pier in front of the mobile home park beach stairs. It's not a secret spot...[wink] They have been doing really well on trout and reds in the channels between the Emerald Isle bridge and Bogue Inlet. Just put your boat in, fish the falling tide and fish wherever you think there might be a fish. You will find them.[excited]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi David,
The offshore opportunities for the most part from November thru January are the giant bluefin tuna. You don't have to go more that 10 to 20 miles to catch them. Most of our boats are fishing for the bluefin during that time frame. There are yellowfin and wahoo about 40 miles offshore. I can help you with either of those trips.

Capt. Joe Shute

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe,

I'm very interested. It will be me and my son plus one or two others. I guess if there are 3 of us we go on the little boat, and the big boat if there are 4.

Since this is my first time at this I will be asking a lot of questions.

What openings do you have for December and January? Edit NOTE: I found the calendar!

Since the fish are so close in is it possible for an amateur like me to fish for them myself? I was thinking about giving it a try after I go with you.

I am contacting some friends now to see if they are interested.

David
[email protected]

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just let me know when you decide what dates will work for you. I definately suggest fishing with us before you try it on your own. These fish are very strong and without the proper tackle and safety equipment you could have problems. I will be happy to help you any way that I can.

Capt. Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts