Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My boat has been sitting for about a month. My boat cover got torn and I forgot to take the plug out so when I pulled the cover off there was a LOT of water in the back....the water about a foot deep in the back.

After draining all of the water off, I started cleaning up....then I put new spark plugs in it (a previous need) and prepared to give it a crank...

Nothing.

I thought maybe the battery was dead. I put a charge on it and nothing....so since the battery was still within it's warranty and I had to get a new trolling battery anyways, I ran up to Wal-mart and exchanged both for new batteries.

Placed the new cranking battery in there, hooked it up.....nothing.

When I turn the key, the instrument panel comes to life and I get the "beep" sound......the power trim also works from both the side of the motor and the trim control on the throttle lever....so I know the battery is good.

Is this a symptom of a bad starter? What else could it be? I just had the boat running a month ago with no problems.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved....I put the spare in-line fuse in and the engine cranked. But the original did not look burned out so I tried it one more time....and it cranked on the original.

I reckon I loosened or jarred the in-line fuse while putting the new spark plugs in.

·
Registered
8,993 Posts
[Q]ekim22 originally wrote:
Problem solved....I put the spare in-line fuse in and the engine cranked. But the original did not look burned out so I tried it one more time....and it cranked on the original.

I reckon I loosened or jarred the in-line fuse while putting the new spark plugs in.
[/Q]Fuse holder is corroded.Clean the contacts and fuse and coat with Di-electric grease.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts