Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
The one Al B is speaking of is in Bayford on Nassawodux and she is worse yet.
The Next one up would be Morleys Wharf on Occahanock.
All between Cape Charels and Nassawadock are private.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
There is a boat ramp in the Gulf creek at the north end of Smiths beach, private, owned by Mr Smiths heiress,the people of Smiths Beach use it and everyone knows who belongs. I knew Mr Smith and had use of the ramp, and to get out in anything but high water you have to wade even a john boat over a bar at the mouth of the creek and then run south of smiths beach to cross another bar to get into the bay, its very troublesome, but if you by chance are staying there and have use of the ramp its worth the effort if you plan to fish that certain area.
Are you staying there is that why you are asking?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll be at Kiptopeake, but was considering towing the boat up towards the Cell. Looks like Cape Charles is the best bet. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Ok, Nassawadox is closer to the Cell, the cell is strait off Hungers creek and Nass is only a couple miles north of Hungers.
Fishing is better outside of Kiptopeake on up to Cape Charels to the Cell,depending what your fishing for of course and what time of year.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
how big is your boat ? the ramp at nassawadox has very little water on low tide . I have a 4wd truck and used to use the beach next to the ramp to pull out and put in on low water . my boat was a 18ft cc at the time . the creek is shallow and not marked well . if you use this ramp go in the crabhouse next to the ramp and ask H.M. how to get out of the creek .

I would use the ramp at morleys wharf to go to the cell if it was me .

goodluck
Capt Kevin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.