Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a butcher between Centreville and the Bay Bridge. Hillside, in Centreville is not accepting deer until gun season. If anyone uses a decent butcher, please let me know.

Thanks,
Karl

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you get one of the pamphlets for Hunter for the Hungry, it gives a big list of butchers, even if you aren't doing hunters for the hungry.

Try this site http://www.h4hungry.org/process.htm

·
Registered
132 Posts
I agree, do it yourself. I was up till almost 3am the other night doing 2 deer. it is part of the hunt. you shoot it, gut it, skin it, cut it up, bag it, freeze it, thaw it, eat it.

·
Registered
322 Posts
i've never dealt with a butcher- it's not that bad just to do it yourself. once you've quartered the deer you can leave the meat in a cooler or pail with cold water for a few days if you don't feel like dealing with it right away.

loins = grill or frying pan
hindquarters = roast
shoulder meat and scraps = cube for stew

Keep your knife sharp and hack away.

·
Registered
490 Posts
The big barn on rt. 50 just south of Bob Evans in Easton is called G+H and they do deer and ducks/geese. Also sell fishing bait.

I know not where you wanted but prob 15 miles away.

-Dave

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies. I live in a 900sqft apartment off main street in downtown Annapolis. Not much room for butchering deer. I know how to do and have done it plenty of times. Just don't have the room or the time.

Karl

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Marlin, if you're in annapolis Austins is up here in glen burnie only a 25 minute drive,plus I heard there's a guy off of ritchie hwy somewhere around W. Pasadena Rd. I assume you hunt the shore if you're looking for something on that side.

Maybe check with the guys in Angler's, I am sure they know of someone.

Heck, if you have back yard or greenspace make a big tripod and hang it there 'til it's quartered. The neighbors will love it, especially if they ever come over for dinner.[grin]

·
Registered
64 Posts
Karl,

I'm in the same situation as you brother...townhouse and my neibhghbor is a PETA member. There's just no where to butcher a deer. Though it's always fun when she see's me after a duck hunt. Good luck and let us know what you find.

Jonathan

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Steel Fly,

That's perfect. If she's a PETA member. Hang it under you deck (I assume you have one on a townhome) set up a table and have at it. If she looks that hard to see in and under the deck, then she deserves' everything she gets offended by. Although dragging it from the front yard around the back would be very interesting if not an end unit. For that I see the dilemna.

Excercise your right to hunt and her right not to look at it.

Sorry for the attitude. I can't stand whining when people say they don't like what they see.

I have no problem with covering up my deer on my hitch carrier out of respect while driving but once I'm home if someone doesn't want to see what I am doing then quit looking at me.

·
Registered
322 Posts
that reminds me of one of the times i killed a deer during college. i field dressed it in the woods but lacking a pickup truck had to throw it up on the roof of my GMC Jimmy and tied it down to the bike racks. By the time I got home there was blood dripping down my windshield. And yes, I got an awful lot of funny looks.

So I got home and strung it up under the deck in our front yard, then turned my headlights on it so I could see where I was cutting- I had killed the deer in the late afternoon so it was well past dark by that time. But keep in mind that this is Saturday night now in the middle of a college town and as usual, the street was full of people walking to restaurants and bars. I can't tell you how many college girls I heard screaming in surprise as I was yanking the fur off of this thing and quartering it. I'm sure it was the first time most of these people had seen anything like it. I kept waiting for the cops to show up thinking I was an axe murderer but fortunately I was able to get the job done, get cleaned up and go out drinking that night.[excited]

·
Registered
33 Posts
John's Butcher Shop in Worton. It's a little out of the way, near Chestertown, but worth the trip. I live on Kent Island, and take the ones I don't do myself up there. Get some salami...it's great!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Dave,
Your right, G & H seafood market in town closed & they were going to give up butchering in the barn but I just heard they are still cutting deer and plucking geese.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I picked up one of the Maryland hunting books, the ones given when you get your license, and there is a guy list in Millington, MD who does all the cuts plus bologna and sausage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
There's a place in cordova between Easton and Denton.I think its on RT 322.Haven't been there in awhile but they skin and butcher ,wrap and label.Always had a decent price too.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
1,056 Posts
Give me a call guys I do deer but I live closer to easton. I grind burger and most everything ..wrap, label. And do it the RIGHT way!! Bmail meI do not do volume but I can get you out of a jamb with a nice yield...I charge $100.00 to be up front But that includes burger ginding $ 80.00 w/o...Jason If you need me on the fly...240-446-2935

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
marlintime gregp is right johns butcher shop in worton about 15 minutes from hillside he charges 50 dollars clean and fast turnaround and like greg said get some salami good luck

1 - 20 of 22 Posts