Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Bludworm and I got to HH about 6:15, got our 2-2-2's and BS'ed with everyone, except for Butch with whom I had a seroius discussion.....about what I have no idea :confused: When the doors at Tri-State opened the first thing we saw was Crumbucket cowering behind the CCA booth praying Bludworm didn't see him. But Bludworm decided to take pity on him because hge is so pitiful and he was working the CCA booth. Chumpbucket told us if we saw Hammer II to remind him to get back to the booth and do his job. The next stop was CaptSteve and Sandee's booth to stock up on BKD's and jig heads. Much to my suprise they had a Graybeard Deep Drop Gift Bag for me!!!! When I opened it there before my eyes was a beautiful manly man HOT PINK fighting belt and some chemical hand warmers. What a nice gift from some real good friends, I will wear it proudly. Next stop was Brandon's booth where I got a few of his 2.5 ounce TF bucktail jigs. I think they will look better down in the rocks at the CCNPP then the unpainted jigheads I typically lose there. Then I ran into CaptSkip who said he plans on joining me on the Deep Drop trip. Don't tell CaptCroakerhead....it's a secret. Chit-chatted with FishingFrank at the MSSA booth about Larry Simms and the MWA. Had the same discussion at the CCA booth and picked up tickets for the SoMd Chapter Banquet. Megabite was giving out Classic Parker coozies to all his fellow Parker owners. Said hello to CaptWayne at the Tylers booth and told him about the Zebco Trinadad I just picked up. (SWMBO thinks Penn is the only quality reel out there cause that's what her late dad used. She thinks everything else is junk because that's what her dad said. So SWMBO thinks my Trinadad is a Zebco POS:D ) Picked up two old 24oz sinkers for a couple bucks, which is great cause they want $0.25/oz in the stores. I even spoke with Skip Zinck even though he's a Grady owner. Got some RingFree at the parts counter at the discount they were offering and then we hit the road. When I got homew SWMBO gave me the work list and I've been busy serving out my sentence of Death by Housework while she went shopping. Well that's about all I have time for cause I got to fix the Made in China toilet seat that came loose because all the screws and bolts are stripped.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eminent Brother,
I am the formost pirate around here. But the UBBB's are a close 2nd

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Even spoke with Skip-even though he owns a Grady.

Just wait until I see you anchored up somewhere:D -I'm going to slip over the side and TIE your anchor around 4 cownose rays:eek:

Good to meet you in person-for some reason I thought you would be taller.:p :D Skip

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eminent Brother
I used to be taller, but 2 wives, 3 kids, 2 step-sons, a stupid dog and 3 stinking cats will do that to ya.

·
Premium Member
26,271 Posts
Here I thought it was from all the pounding you take in a Parker in 1' chop:eek: :D :p.Shame the ex wouldn't take the cats with her.:rolleyes: Skip

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
GB,

Nice to meet you this morning. Thanks for sharing your breakfast table at HH. I was shocked :eek: when Bludworm said he was full and couldn't finish his sausage - - or was that his second 2-2-2 of the day :D

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Thanks Tidal Fish

---Thanks for visiting "Little Hattress" today ---It was good to see most of ya, & Greybeard & Bloodworm , sorry I missed you --

--Rather than hanging around my table , I took the oppertunity to work the foor --What a Treat --
--Again thanks fo supporting the Vendors & the Staff of the Happy Harbour , It Was A Wintertime treat --

--Tri- State, Thanks for the hard work you & your terrific Staff do in to make this a Yearly Event ---

--Fishermen are the Best people in the World , with or without their hands on a Rod or a Throttle--
capt. george--Deale, Md.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Eminent Brothers,
Bludworm was looking for Captgeorge at his table and was disappointed he didn't find him. And I too was a bit shocked Bludworm didn't finish his 2-2-2. But he made up for it on the way home and at lunch. I tried on my new HOT PINK fighting belt and it inspired me to tie some deep drop rigs. I think they look pretty sad, so; I stopped for now. Need to get some more advise and do some more research.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Eminent Brother,
I was going to use my AARP card at CaptSteve's booth, but; since they gave me such a nice Deep Drop Gift Bag I thought it would make me appear cheap. To tell the trough I haven't had the stones to flash my AARP card yet. But I do qualify for the senior citizens discount at the local grocery store.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
Suggestion

Eminent Brother,
I was going to use my AARP card at CaptSteve's booth, but; since they gave me such a nice Deep Drop Gift Bag I thought it would make me appear cheap. To tell the trough I haven't had the stones to flash my AARP card yet. But I do qualify for the senior citizens discount at the local grocery store.
--Next time ya get your pedicure, get your hair dyed white, get bludworm to grow a mustache & as a pair ni AARP card will be asked for --Get usta to ask for "Senior Coffees" then the discounts will flo---geo.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I made it to breakfast in time for the $2.22 special. Eggs to order; can't beat that! It was great talking with everyone and I did speak with quite a number of folks, both at the Happy Harbor and at Tri-State but I still missed some people who I wanted to talk to.
At the flea market, my plan was to do a quick loop and see what was on all the tables. Then I was going to grab up some of the best deals. It didn't quite work out that way. I ended up stopping at most every table and saying hello and talking about fishing and Parkers and on and on.
Since I stocked up on BKDs at the UM show a few weeks ago and do not really need any more tackle; even though Steve F almost had me talked into a new custom LTJ rod. I didn't get anything in the flea market side. BUT I spent a sizable sum at the parts counter. With 20% off, the Ring free was flying off the shelves and I also bought a case of oil and a few other things.
As an "esteemed fellow Parker owner" and a ClassicParker board member, I qualified for a free coozie from Megabyte. Thanks again Kevin!
Originally, I was going to hang around all day but by 11am I made my escape. Got home in time to take the cover off my 21SE and wipe her down a little. The air was a little chilly but the sun was out and I could almost smell Spring.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
what capt. george siad

capt. g, as usual.. you said it all. i thought you were running for office. it was a good time, many, many go folks on this board. brandon was even having fun, good to see..he is usually planning some exotic trip, not answering mail, but ya gotta like the guy. thanks brandon, for the site.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Don't worry GB I've got about 50 tied so far and I doubt I'm gonna need them all. Sandee could'nt wait to tell me about giving you that pink belt. I'm just a little disapointed she did'nt have any pics to post. i spent all my cash at the BKd table then the Lonely Angler table. What I had left I stuffed into the Wish-A-Fish box. Wish I could have made breakfast but I live almost 2 hrs. away and it's too cold to leave my house at 4AM. I saw a few TF guys, Capt. Skip stopped by the BKD table and said hello and Steve F showed me his fine line of customs. This time of year it's nice to have something worthwhile to get up early for.

·
5,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Eminent Brother Russ D,
Thanks for the offer, I may need to count on you come crunch time. I stuck myself with a hook and put a nice puncture wound in my finger. No sympathy from SWMBO, I thought she had me there, but; she believed my lie and thinks I was tying top/bottom rigs for family perching and botton fishing outings. Man......that was close!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts