Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, most of the reports I see are about people catching. Lately, it has been very impressive and I am really happy for those who are blessed to be able to catch such good looking fish. What a wonderful experience and glad to see and hear about folks having success - especially the kids!!!

The wife and I launch out of Keptopeke on Monday, Tuesday, and Wed. We fished eels on the bottom, at medium depth, free lining and on a float. We fished morning, noon and well into the evening (11PM). We trolled, drifted and anchored. We fished the tube at the 4th, the pilings and from the highrise to bouy 18. I used my fish call, burned incense, and poured a bottle of beer in the bay as a sacrifice to the Neptune of the Chesapeke and even said a pray or two. Nada, Zip, Zilch!!

However, the wife and I did spend some quality time together and had some really good talks. She is quite the trooper and excellent life time fishing buddy!!! The days and nights were cold, and the fog and mist as magnified by the lights on the High Rise made for a enchanting wintery scene. But there was always warmth on the "Fresh Start" and good food at Sting Rays. :)

Merry Christmas and Tight Lines to all!!

John

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
OK, most of the reports I see are about people catching. Lately, it has been very impressive and I am really happy for those who are blessed to be able to catch such good looking fish. What a wonderful experience and glad to see and hear about folks having success - especially the kids!!!

The wife and I launch out of Keptopeke on Monday, Tuesday, and Wed. We fished eels on the bottom, at medium depth, free lining and on a float. We fished morning, noon and well into the evening (11PM). We trolled, drifted and anchored. We fished the tube at the 4th, the pilings and from the highrise to bouy 18. I used my fish call, burned incense, and poured a bottle of beer in the bay as a sacrifice to the Neptune of the Chesapeke and even said a pray or two. Nada, Zip, Zilch!!

However, the wife and I did spend some quality time together and had some really good talks. She is quite the trooper and excellent life time fishing buddy!!! The days and nights were cold, and the fog and mist as magnified by the lights on the High Rise made for a enchanting wintery scene. But there was always warmth on the "Fresh Start" and good food at Sting Rays. :)

Merry Christmas and Tight Lines to all!!

John
: Edit.

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
broken antenna, 2 clogged injectors, & a bad coil. never even got out last sunday. it could always be worst.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Congrats on the great attitude even if you didnt get lucky this time.. Atleast you spent some beautiful and quality time with each other. Drop a bmail next time you are heading down and maybe we can figure out a solution to make an enjoyable trip an even better experience...

Sometimes its only a matter of moving a few feet and sometimes they arent on for most everyone.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Getting lucky can be a different definition to many people.......I would say you had a VERY lucky day! As far as the CATCHING goes, your day will come!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, it was a good trip. The saying "Bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work" is only amplified by the fact that we have both share a love for fishing for over 34 years on the 21st of this month - and she is a good looking woman to boot!

My thanks to all of you for your participation in this board and the good humor it provides. You have all made a contribution to some of our previous successes and for that I an truely greatful! You are all a great group of folks!

Have a very Merry Christmas and and I pray tight lines for all in the New Year :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Great report!

Sorry to hear you didn't catch, but then everybody knows all the rock have already been caught in the past 60 days... ;-)

If you can get your wife to go out and stick with it all those hours this time of year, you already caught the best!

Congrats!

Bill

1 - 18 of 18 Posts