Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i m trying to find a evinrude mechanic to do a swap power head for my outboard and do a tuneup. can anyone recommend a reputable mechanic in st mary county . how much am i looking at just to do a swap and tuneup? thanks

·
Registered
611 Posts
You can call Tony Simone. He is based out of the Cambridge area, but travels. I would highly recommend him. I don't have his number off the top of my head, but if you do a search, you can find it here.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Sean from the Boat Shop at Breezy Pt. is now operating as a mobile mechanic. He is in Prince Frederick. I have been THRILLED with the work he has done for me on my Evinrude. he is at 410-535-6324

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the replies guys, i called and the rebuilt for my evinrude 115 is around 4,000 to 4500 is this correct? because i saw some remanufactured powerhead online are around 2200. should i do a rebuilt or just get a used outboard because i don't plan to keep the boat for a long time. if anyone know of a used evinrude for around 1500 to 2000 pls let me know. thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Call Sam at Hilton Marine in Elsmere,Del.
He usually has some nice used motors there.I believe I saw one in about that size range last time I was there.If he doesn't have an Eveirude or a Johnson(He's a great OMC mechanic)he'll be happy to sell you a new Honda !!(Tell him Wendell Sent you)
Wen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.