Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I have a 1984 Evinrude 15hp 2 stroke. Overall it works great, had some work done on it last year and had compression checked etc... and all is good. This weekend i took it out for the first trip of spring and it ran great except the last hour. When i ran it full throttle it ran half as fast and when i ran it half throttle it ran full speed. It ran perfect in neutral though. I used gas that was stabilized last November mixed with new gas/oil. I'm thinking it could be something as simple as bad gas, bad spark plugs( changed them last year though) or maybe a weak diaphram in the carbuerator. Anyone ever have this problem or work on motors and can lend some advice it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
190 Posts
DUMP IT!!!

Have had this happen twice ( didn't learn the first time ). There is more than likely water in the gas. It doesn't take much. The solution was to dump the gas and use Amoco 93 octane and good quality oil (Mercury). Have been doing this and haven't had any trouble since.

Bob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tried a lot of things

Hello all again, Well, since this problem started i have tried new gas/oil, new spark plugs and using a carbeurator cleaning spray from Boat World to no avail. If anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions it would be appreciated, thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.