Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My longtime fishing partner Greg and his brother Steve did some fishing Saturday and I had the pleasure to join them on todays outing. I got the call Saturday that the fishing was fantastic with several rock caught jigging in the Chotank and bay at various locatons. Saturday's weather was fantastic with calm seas, sunny skies and temps around 70. This morning the temps dropped about 20 degrees, the skies overcast and the wind blowing. It was setting up to be a miserable day. We launched the boat at about 7am and worked a school of birds within 20 minutes and limited out within 12 minutes on quality fish in the 24 - 30" range. We caught about 15 quality fish in about 20 minutes. The number would have been higher but I lost 3 during this run and Steve lost at least one other. I am new to this jigging way of fishing but I like it. Greg has a double lift method and Steve utilizes a long single lift method and as brothers do they argue about which way is best. When that run was over we chased a few more birds and had a second run of smaller fish. More fish were caught on Saturday but there was better quality on Sunday. It was a day people dream of when planning a fishing trip on the bay. Thanks again Greg and Steve. :clap:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks for the report, deems some nice feesh.. ?? is that the ramp in Cambridge?
Gonna have to trip on over to the tank this week for sure.. need some pullage big time..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts