Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mike invited my roommate Garrett and I out for a chance to catch fish bigger than what we usually catch in the creek. We left Buzz's around 6:45am and headed NE from the creek to the area around the HS bouy.

As we were setting our 11 rod spread we immediatly hooked up with a nice 36". After this we were under the impression that we were going to kill them right there, we were kinda right. We trolled around the this same area for another 30 minutes and headed north after not having any more bites. We continued north and joined a fleet of charter and other rec. boats. Alot of boats were hooked up, but not us so we went south back to where we started the day. We started to mark bait and almost immediatly hooked up on multiple rods. In the next 45 minutes we caught 14 fish, releasing the larger fish (biggest 43") and keeping the smaller ones for the table. After we got back I went to my 2pm exam covered in blood and stankin like a dead fish!

Thanks again Mike for the invite! And sorry about making you reel in the fish on the WWB (way way back) rod. And thanks to Christy for shooting some pics:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Jay...It was two WW back lines you made me reel in........ Those lines were put out for the young skinny guys................
I had a good time with you guys. Thanks again for the boat pictures you took in the inlet. Mike

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good to See Mike Catchin

:rockingreport:

Good to see you out catchin instead of workin Mike! Love that rod holder rig on the back of the boat, did you make that? Hope those feesh stay around till after Christmas!

Merry Christmas to you and Christy!

Ben

·
Registered
762 Posts
Nice work guys! I wish the WX report looked better this weekend. Mike, that's an awesome shot you got from Jay for the web page.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Mike, let me know which picture you like best and I can get you a print for the marina. Im off to florida on saturday morning, so that was a perfect way to end my 2008 in Maryland
ThirdChild- The fattest of the three fish had a few partially digested bunker in its stomach, I did not check the other two.
John G- You should have bailed on work and gone out with Dennis yesterday, he was catching in the same area

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Going fishing before an exam. I was never much into that studying thing. Hope you aced it like you did catching fish.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
Who's this "Shilo" poster? ( grins)

Mike, nows the time, a couple weeks late, but great. Guissella took off Monday to go with me then. Hope to hook up with you, two rigs again, with someoone to steer. Down here we have a lot, and I mean a lot of 37-41 inch fish. It's sad to leave here , so many friends, but the confluence of the Potomac, Smith Point Reef, and Saint Jeromes Creek along with the sharp channel rise on the eastern side are not to be found anywhere else on the bay. The Patuxent has a miniture of the same thing, with Cedar Point, Chinese Muds, etc., but you people at Buzzy's have the best location and the most fisher friendly marina I have ever found.

Thank you.

Still a angry non smoker ( smile ), Capt. Richie

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support Tidal Fish
684 Posts
You fella's are too smart for little olde me.

how is the weather going to be the last couple days, anyhow?

Thanks;

Shucks, Captrichie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts