Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the eastern shore yesterday and stop by Lab Marine in Rock Hall. They have a 1997 23' Parker with a yamaha off the back. Structurally, the boat is fine. Needs new electronics, the fuel tanks pump, canvas work and one heck of a cleaning.

Unfortunately, there's no history on the boat -- other than its a repo. Boat is listed at $15,900. The motor is the unknown, although they tell me the it ran fine. I figure, about $4,000 in canvas work and electronic and will need to pick-up a good trailer.

Thinking about making a offer less than the asking price. I can do an engine rebuild for a little over a $1000.00 if needed.

link to ad: http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listing/pl_boat_detail.jsp?&units=Feet&id=2010800〈=en&slim=broker&&hosturl=labmarineinc&&ywo=labmarineinc&

Thanks!!!

Dan

·
Registered
8,994 Posts
Dan,BEFORE you make ANY offers...Have it Surveyed,It may be the best money you ever spent!!!!!It may have Deck and/or Transom problems,You don't know about the Engine condition,Trailer??You COULD end up with a Diamond in the Rough OR a Nightmare!You could conceivably spend $20K or more gettin' it back in shape or Maybe the $4K you think might do it.Boats are a Dime a Dozen right now!![Mike]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dan, I have purchased my last 2 boats at lab marine, and was able to purchase them for considerably less than the asking price. Both boats were great boats and had no problems with either, however i did have them both surveyed and was able to sea trial them prior to purchase. You would have to push the issue to get a sea trial as they normally dont perform them on trailered boats. They were very easy to work with overall.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Don't forget to have the gas tank tested. If the survey and mechanic's check work out, then you might want to include bottom prep/painting, gas tank cleaning, electronics install, etc. as part of the offer instead of lowballing the price. You may find it much more convenient to simply pick up a prepped boat than to take it, haul it again, find another place to do the work (or get stuck doing it yourself), etc.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the messages and pm's.

Put an offer in tonight, need to see if the bank will accept it.

Dan

·
Registered
6,818 Posts
2320 Sport Cabins are difficult to find on the used market. If you can get that boat for a good price and give it a bit of love, she could be a great deal.

Good luck! ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
new used boat

I have a great 1995 21' Angler center console. Completly redone. Motor has 104 hours. Completed electronics, trailer etc.

$10,000.00

443-996-1407

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
One thing to keep in mind with any type of repo. Most likely if the person did not have money to make the payments- they did not have money to maintain it either.Might have bought cheap oil and skimped on tune ups.

I've heard horror stories with repoed cars/trucks - imagine boats would be the same.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I bought mine from them when they were located in Balt. Never had a problem and the dealer near me who sells the boat I bought, said "you stole it"... :thumbup: Five years later, I am still happy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts