Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent events surrounding man's avarice/greed as it relates to the precious striped bass is heading in a direction that will certainly affect the east coast population; how could it not??? Nature cannot support this type of abuse, as it relates to the sustaining of a given species - yet I am no scientist - please prove me wrong... The rockfish moratorium of some years ago was put into place to help the species rebound after years of exploitation/abuse. As I see it, we are headed for another (and I do not like this idea) situation that will dictate another moratorium. It would be bad to see that happen, for all of us - comm/rec alike. Where else are we headed with this issue...loopholes in the law that allow 'crimes against nature.'

·
Registered
15 Posts
Contact members of NCDMF and politely urge them to pull their heads out of the sand. This whole situation is driven by legal agendas and the board has alot of influence from lawmakers and wealthy individuals who could care less about the resource they are hurting. Unless you get mass discontent from the public the board will do nothing to try to change the situation. Reminds me of the Va General Assembly who are responsible for managing the menhaden in VA. Complete conflict of interest.
Email, call, pester and put these people in the spotlight. This corruption is nothing new regarding the management of NC commercial fishing.
I am trying to find high resolution aerial pics to submit to Doug Olander. We have emailed and he is doing an editorial on the issue down in NC. The article will be in the april issue of SportFishing Magazine.

·
Registered
136 Posts
[/QUOTE]Email, call, pester and put these people in the spotlight. This corruption is nothing new regarding the management of NC commercial fishing.
I am trying to find high resolution aerial pics to submit to Doug Olander. We have emailed and he is doing an editorial on the issue down in NC. The article will be in the april issue of SportFishing Magazine.[/QUOTE]

Great job on getting this issue in front of more people. I'll keep an eye out for that editorial.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.