Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not wanting to reinvent the wheel, I'm sore someone has done the legwork on this. I have an EZ Loader and am replacing the harness. Where is the best harness/lighting system? Thanks.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Try.... championtrailerparts.com...I get all my stuff through them, its cheaper than buying locally on most things, including shipping price...good luck...cujo

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
I have rewired a few trailers.It is not very hard to do at all.

The wiring harness has a real weak spot in that they use a flat push type connector that is tough to get to.It often corrodes after 4-5 seasons.

I run new wires up both sides and only splice them near the tongue.It costs a few dollars extra but avoids most corrosion troubles.

Dave's trailer sells trailer wire (color coded) by the spool.Makes the job very easy.Heat shrink the connections at the lights- leave 12'' extra and you are good to go :thumbup:.

You can use the old wires to pull the new ones.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, Skip, I think I'll use your suggestion and start from scratch. I'll solder all connections as they oxidize too quickly resulting in dim lights.

Dave

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I solder, grease, (silicone, if in a wet location) and shrink wrap. A little excessive but I've pulled apart connections clsoe to 10 years later that got submersed several times for many years w/o any tlc and they were so clean when stripped they could have been re-solder-ed. I usually end up making replacements due to broken lines more than corroded connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts