Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The specks have been biting pretty good with a good amount of my fish over 20". Caught this guy on Thursday on a red/white MirroLure. He was 4.5 lbs and 23.5" long. Im getting closer and closer to that paper speck.

Today I hit the water with Capt. Reese and Jeff from school. We were fishing around the 1st island for stripers with live spot and jigs. Kayak Kevin was along side the boat talking to Capt. Reese as were jigging the bases of pilings. I feel a thump thump. Fish on. My drag starts screaming and the fish takes off into the pilings. (I was using my speck rod with 10lb test line). There was no way I was going to get it out so I hand the rod the Kevin and he weaves through the pilings in his kayak getting my fish out and lands it. He hands it back up into the boat after paddling back over and it was a perfect fish just under 28". Thanks again kevin if your reading this.

There were a few other boats catching some stripers and one I saw catch about 4 fish in about 15 mins. Bucktails on the bottom seemed to be the hot baits.

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
WAY TO GO ! Cashin

You will be the next guy to carry on the Lynnhaven River Tradition.:clapping2:

Keep up the good work and keep the reports coming.:clapping2::clapping2:

Dennis:))

·
Registered
447 Posts
Great fish Cashin, thats a real nice Spec there.

Striper fishing with light gear is also a blast.

We went to Rudee today and caught 4 Pups and a sunburn but nothing big enough to keep.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts