Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know that this may get the boot from Brandon, but this is not something I was going to put on the BS board. I just paid my respects to the Police Officer (Mark Brenner) who was killed last week up here in Frederick. He was chasing some dirt ball when he lost control of his cruiser and was killed. This was the most impressive thing I have ever witnessed, over 400 police cars and 100 motorcycles in the procession. The reason I put this up is because the Police Officer is a very good friend of I hope my soon to be Son-In-Law who is also a Frederick City Police Officer and Mark was one of his best friends and I know there are some Polcie Officer on this board. Rest in peace Mark :bigangel:

I apologize for having this a fishing report I did not know I hit that key, I guess to many emotions going on

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
RIP hero :clapping2:.Saw the news footage of the wrecked cruiser :eek:.

I've seen (too many) of the funeral prosessions on 695 heading to Dulaney Valley - always impressive seeing MILES of cars honoring the fallen hero.Hopefully the POS with be charged with fenoly murder and get put away forever.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
RIP, being a firefighter we work semlessly with the police, and it hurts to lose an officer knowing they've had your back when the $h!t hits the fan. I have been to too many officers and firefighter funerals the past 2 yrs. RIP

·
Registered
988 Posts
Guy's, we'll put. Ater 9/11 I have a new found respect for our first responders and military. These men/women risk there lives day in and day out for the safety and well being of us. I have several friends in the police/fire and military, I don't miss out on a oppertunity to express how much I appreciate what they do for us.

RIP:bigangel: and God Bless

Shawn F

·
Registered
13,948 Posts
I am a retired police officer and have seen my share of fallen brothers. I am having dinner tonight with a friend that is a sheriff and on the honor guard who was at the funeral in Emmittsburg today. Very sad. He is going to another police funeral tomorrow in Va. where a Lt. drowned in a training exercise. He was also at the State Troopers funeral from the helicopter crash. Too many...too soon. RIP ..............Gary

·
Registered
395 Posts
R.I.P. my fellow brother in Blue. When my time comes I will see you in that eternal roll call room in the sky. My prayers are with your family at this time because I know you are in a better place. When that six sense of mine goes off I know it will be you just giving me a warning.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Do not stand at my grave and weep;
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Steve,

My heart goes out to your son, and the family of the fallen officer. It's terrible how good people sacrifice in this world while so many undeserving go about the things they do without repercussions. I don't know that many police officers, save one that is a very good friend and very close to our family. He works for the DC police force and has a beautiful wife and young son. It would be devastating to experience this type of thing in our family.

Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.

Norman

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Steve --- NO apologies needed. MANY on my mothers side have served as did my dad at one point. I have great respect for any man or women that is willing to put thier lives on the line --- EVERY DAY -- so that someone stands between us and the human trash in society.
May he rest in peace!

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Thanks for posting this Steve. I did not hear about the accident, but I believe that too many of us forget the sacrifices that are made everyday. Its a good, sobering reminder.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Steve, Glad you posted this,I didn't hear anything about the fallen officer,at least I get to pay my Respect to a Hero,may God Bless every one he touched,he was special person as are all Police officer's and Firefighters....

·
Registered
855 Posts
Being a police officer myself for 16years, I too have been to many police funerals. Some from my department and many others. You never forget seeing the folded flag carried over to the wife or kids.....Sad fact is that the stats are that there is an average of 1 police officer killed every other day in this country. To all my brothers in blue....Stay Safe and make sure you go home.

Steve...thanks for the post.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
May he rest in peace and God bless his family. For those that don't know, this officer was married and the father of 3 children doing his job the best he knew how and made the ultimate sacrifice. During my 35 year career as a police officer, I had ocassion to be personally involved in several incidents where a police officer was killed or critically injured in the line of duty. A couple I knew personally. The only consulation is in knowing that each and every one died doing what they did best, doing a job they loved.

R.I.P. Bro

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As a lot of you know I worked for Animal Control for 24 years and I wore my badge with pride and I got to work with many Police Officers in my 24 years and I even had the honor to be part of a Funeral for a Deputy that had passed away. The Men and Woman that are out there on the front lines to serve and protect each and everyone of us has my deepest respect.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Steve,
thank you for posting this.
EVERYONE should know about it when these heros fall...
they deserve more credit & respect from all of us than they usually get.
i saw the news reports, etc. on the accident.
it is a real heartbreaker when something like this happens.

:bigangel:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Steve,

My families respect and thoughts are with the officer, his family and friends.....My father in law and mother in law both live in Frederick, my wife and I were married there last year, I love the town and visit often. RIP Officer Brenner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts