Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. Now that the freezers are full (Or at least getting there) and I have seen at least one other thread listing various recipes and cooking tips, it's time to start one just for that purpose.

Please stick to you FAVORITE recipes that have received UNIVERSAL approval including the pickiest eaters.

It can be our own Best of Cookbook. Please include marinades, grilling tips, Jerky, Bologna, steaks, etc..............................

I will post mine for Chicken Fried Steak and jerky when I have the recipes in front of me.

JERKY

Slice 2 1/2-3# of hindquarter into thin strips and marinate for at least 24 hours in the following turning 2-3 times if possible.

1 tsp salt
1 tsp Instacure #1 (From the Sausage Maker.com prevents spoilage while drying I have elimnated in my early years, Saltepeter or sodium Nitarte will do the same thing.)
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 Cup Soy
1/3 Cup Worcestshire

I cut out the tsp of salt because I prefer pepper over the salt flavor. I add 1/4 tsp cayenne and 1/2 tsp white pepper for a good balanced kick.

Thread on shikebob skewers and hang meat between top rack in oven. Place aluminum foil on bottom rack to catch any drippings and there will be some. Dry between 160-170 until desired dryness. Store in paper bag DO NOT SEAL IN ZIPLOC.

For a better end result use smoker instead of oven. Hang on top rack in smoker and smoke with wet Hickory for one hour and then finish drying to your desired level.

CHICKEN FRIED STEAK

1 1 /2 # Venison Steaks Sliced
1 tsp Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp Cayenne
2 eggs beaten
1 1/2 Cups Bread Crumbs
1 Cup Flour
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Slat
Oil for Frying

Pound steaks with meat mallet to 1/4" thickness MAX. Combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper, cayenne, salt.

Heat Oil in cast iron skillet.

Coat meat in Flour mixture, then dip in eggs and then into the brad crumbs. Fry 2-3 miuntes each side or until the blood starts to rise through ione each side.

Serve with side order of home made mashed potatoes with white country gravy. Make your own or use the store mixes.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Peppered Deer Steak
1/2 cup soy sauce
1- buck tenderloin
1/4 cup veg. oil
2- large green peppers
1- large onion
2- large tomatoes
Black pepper to taste

Slice loin across the grain thinly then lay flat and cut into strips like stir fry meat. Add meat and soy sauce together
in a large bowl and allow it to marinate while you cut the veg. Cut veg. in strips and the tomatoes into wedges. Add oil to a wock or large skillet heat and add meat and soy sauce and brown meat. Add onions and peppers cover and simmer until peppers and onions are cooked down to your liking. In the end add tomatoe wedges and cook 10 min. leaving them crisp. We also use our fresh canned tomatoes at times. Serve over rice. This is one of mom's recipes and only takes an hour start to finish. My wife asked for it the other night, and loved it.

BILL[excited][excited]

·
Registered
783 Posts
Jerky recipe for GROUND venison

3 pounds of ground venison
1 pack of Backwoods Original brand jerky seasoning (enough for 3 pounds of meat)
1 bottle of favorite barbecue or steak sauce. (I like the Jack Daniels grilling sauce)
Half cup of ground black pepper
Two heaping teaspoons of Lowry’s seasoned salt
Cayenne pepper to taste

Prepare three pounds of ground venison with the Backwoods jerky seasoning according to package instructions, with one exception.
The package instructions call for adding water. In lieu of the water, add the bottle of barbeque or steak sauce.
Mix in the ground black pepper.
Sprinkle the Lowry’s seasoned salt evenly over the meat.
Add the cayenne pepper to your own tastes. I like mine very spicy.
Mix the whole concoction evenly.
Let sit in the fridge overnight.
Form jerky strips using a jerky gun.
Dry according to your own preference.

Oops, I forgot 1 cup of brown sugar. Mix the brown sugar with a little bit of water in a separate bowl to loosen up the brown sugar, then pour it over the meat mixture.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Tenderloin Roast

Marinate in 1 cup white wine overnight

Wrap bacon strips around and lightly brown and sear in skillet

Then place in crockpot with potatoes, carrots, onions and fresh mushrooms. Add 1 cup of white wine. Cook on low for approx 4-6 hours. Then call me when dinner is ready.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man, I am disappointed.

Either nobody eats all these deer they kill or ya'll are some bad cooks.

Are recipes that secretive???????? OK, hunting spots, gps coords. maybe some generation old bologna secrets, maybe.

But steak and roast recipes????????

1 - 6 of 6 Posts