Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's mine

filet the breast meat off the dove breastbone.

Take one of the filets, and cut it in half

take a toothpick or something similiar and spear a jalapeno pepper between the two halves of filet.

wrap the whole thing in bacon and grill.

awesome hor de vor.

Anyone else got one?

·
Registered
534 Posts
I grew up eating Squab. Same ole nasty thing every time: cooked to death in a casserole. When I started hunting the only game my mother would cook was Dove--- quess how?
During college a friend introduced me to Dove and waterfowl cooked properly: med. rare. A world if difference. another easy and tasty recipe is to render a little beef, or even better, lamb fat in a hot skillet. Then saute' dove breasts ( deboned or not) in the hot aluminum skillet till med rare. add minced garlic the last 2 min. de-gaze with port wine for a hearty sauce

·
Registered
440 Posts
Along the same lines we usually soak them good in terryaki and then wrap in bacon. Toss on the grill and let er eat. Good stuff!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Try Dale's Steak seasoning...it's in a 16oz plastic "pepsi" bottle. I've found it a Kroger before.

The stuff is potent, soak the dove in it for about 15-20 maybe 30 min. wrap in thick bacon and cook on a charcoal grill..MMMMMM.

I've also had whole dove that were skinned marinated in whatever you like. Stuffed with grapes and wrapped in bacon then grilled. Still good!!

-Dave

·
Registered
692 Posts
I'll try to make this short,
Wrap a doz doves in alum with some diced onion fav spices a little worsh sauce a little diced green pepper. Cook at about 350 in the oven for about 35-45 mins until the meat is coming off the bones. Cool, debone. Chop/shred the meat saving the juice. Add all shredded dove and juice in large skillet. Add more raw peppers and onions and about 1 or 2 cups of of pace salsa. Simmer until mixture gets thick enough to put in a taco shell or flour tortillia and not be "runny". Add all the taco or fajita fixin's, hard to beat.

Now I just need to find a place to shoot some without having to drive back to SC.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Damn Coastal--- Squab casserole!-- How'd you get my momma's reciipe?
Sorry dude-- ain't getten up to go fishing in the morning and the season doesn't open till noon, so the Coronas''s are going down easy this evening

1 - 8 of 8 Posts