Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that there are guys from all over the Mid-Atlantic and beyond on this board. Could you guys post up your favortie yak store and location and wheter or not they carry any kayak fishing accessories?
Chad

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Here at the Beach its definately WRO...Wild River Outfitters...and yes they have a fair to good selection of KFS...across the water its Appomatox River Company...last time I was in they didnt have a whole lot of stuff but they are trying...and doing a pretty good job of it too...

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wild River Outfitters is a top notch store for paddle sports and all kinds of other outdoor gear. I bought my OK Caper there. I bought my T160i from kayakfishingstuff.com because the only one locally was the camo color one at WRO. KFS is also top notch. They were very helpful, have a great selection and got the yak here from New Jersey in 4 days. I would have bought locally if I could have found what I wanted. It's nice to have the option of basically getting any yak you want from KFS. I think you can find better pricing at WRO or ARC if they have the one you are looking for.

Tom

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Being from the Peninsula I've got to say Appomattox River Company near the Super K on Victory Blvd.

I've heard good things about WRO and about Bay Trails Outfitters in Matthews, but never been to anyone except ARC. Their manager fishes, but it's freshwater. Maybe that will change with the upcoming saltwater seminar there next week on the 26th of October.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like WRO and ARC but when it comes to acessories, WRO has a good selection but it could be better. Some of the acessories are over priced. I prefer Ram mounts and they are hard to find in hampton roads.
I have never looked for acessories at ARC.

Robert

·
Registered
101 Posts
Appomattox River Co.

The one in Chesterfield Co and the main warehouse in Farmville...they are good, knowledgeable group of people. My contact person is Vickie and Ken.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Springriver Corp. in Rockville, MD.

On the subject of Kayak stores, if you are around Washington, DC its pretty hard to beat Springriver Corp. in Rockville (branch in Annapolis too, where you can try em before buy em). They are a small business type place and a local institution, let you sit in boats all day and think and ask questions, and are about as helpful as they come. I have bought 3 canoes and 2 kayaks there over the years. Highest recommendations.

Also, in the DC area, REI has some good equipment and deals, special try-em-out days, but most of all, a very helpful employee named Mark Nelson - he is out of their VA store. Mark has a encyclopaedic knowledge of stuff outdoors, is willing to share, and, if needed, CAN say "I don't know." But he always seems to know exactly who DOES know, if he doesn't.

I have heard good things about another local outfit caled Atlantic Kayak, I think in Annapolis (not sure).

FWIW, if you are DC-bound, or bound-up in DC!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts