Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyones fav trolling combos? I find that tandom buck tails catch me the most fish. But not quite the biggest. Any suggestions.....Thanks fellas

·
Registered
843 Posts
In the Lower Potomac and PtLookout area I troll with a Tomic tandem rig with a 4oz bucktail as the weight. In spring caught 2 38" stripers on Tomic and one on the bucktail and last Sunday caught a 23" striper on the bucktail. Use a chartreuse firetiger 6" Tomic and chartreuse 4oz bucktail w/4" chartreuse twister tail. Let out 200ft to 250ft of line. Might try to pull another tandem rig Tomic but use a 20oz Mojo as weight on rig closer to boat down deep. Tomics catch fish.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I like Tomics deep and four inch silver spoons with a green flash way way back with twenty feet of thirty pound mono and a four ounce inline sinker to keep it below the surface, caught major size rocks last winter on these rigs. Troll about two knots and troll mostly east west.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always subscribed to the idea of "BIG BAITS catch BIG FISH". I think 4 oz. baits seem small, but if they do the job, I going to try it. Any other suggestions on size???

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
We troll Tomics on a tandem set up and they are awesome........they double as a handle to get the fish in the boat as well!!!

Umbrella rigs produce very well for us when we are fishing out of the Rappahanock in the EARLY season.

Most of our BIG fish last year came on a HEAVY mojo tandem fished off the stern of the boat with a 20oz plus mojo and a tomic or smaller parachute above.........our numbers come off lighter tandems .............but thats down here in the VA Beach area........

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I have always subscribed to the idea of "BIG BAITS catch BIG FISH". I think 4 oz. baits seem small, but if they do the job, I going to try it. Any other suggestions on size???
Sometimes I dress a 4oz parachute with a 12" Shad for my wwb - though most of the time a 9" shad. just because it is 4ozs doesnt mean it is small. Some 4oz parachutes come with 8/0 or 10/0 hooks. Of course with the rubber shads, they get a stinger too.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Picture of John (son-in-law) with Tomic as a handle:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts