Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guy's here it is.

This is an open Tournament to benefit a young local racer and fisherman, Brandon Atkinson.

Feb. 25 rain or shine

Hopewell Yacht club 8am- 4 pm

$60.00 per boat
$10.00 big fish - 100% payback on big fish pot.

2 fish limit

1-14 boats 70 % payback
15 or more boats 75% payback

Door prizes at weight in.

1:Everyone entered will receive a raffle ticket for a Penn Reel donated by Joe Cannon from Nationwide insurance.

2:Everyone entered will also receive a raffle ticket for a ugly stik tiger rod donated by www.AtkinsonAnglers.com

3:50-50 Raffle at weigh in

4:Everyone entered will receive some of our Atkinson Anglers 12 ounce catfish weights.

Fresh shad will be caught and supplied to everyone that need it the morning of the tournament. Brandon and Steven will be out early getting the bait and will be giving it out for free. (Donations accepted!)

We will also have Brandon's new Dirt Track bike on display at the weigh in. Dont forget autographed flyers of Brandon![wink]

Any questions please call me at 804-994-3715

Wayne

·
Registered
155 Posts
Wayne, Me and the wife are gonna plan on being there. I gotta a few lose ends to tied up on the boat, so this will prob be our first trip out on her. I'm gonna let a few other people up this way know about it, so I might be able to get a few more boats there.
Let me know if there is any way I can help!!
Steve

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, your awesome! Well next to Dayton of course[grin]Im working on the flyers today and this evening so I will try to get some out there. I will be emailing a copy of the flyer to Dayton and any others that may want to hand a few out. Oh also I spoke with Dayton last night on the phone, I know how he gets that great body he always speaks of. He was at the gym! [excited]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Glad to see the idea turn into something to help the youngster. I am not sure if I'll be able to be there. Sounds like it should generate some $$$ to help the young man's cause. I'll let a few know that might be interested. Only 2 weeks from Sat. Hope all turns out well. Later for now---jonnycat

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dean from Dean's custom tackle just put up 2 custom salt water tackle packages for me also. Thanks Dean! [grin][excited]

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I got your numbers Wayne I apreciate it Dayton filled me in when he talked me through posting from internet. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
158 Posts
i'm interested in fishing it

are there any accomodations for those of us that don't have/can't afford/not enough engine power to have a live well?

early weigh ins with the ability to cull fish weighed early?

just asking [grin] a no is fine i don't have to fish the tourney

also i posted this on katmasters to generate some interest

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Tank. Im sure we can figure something out. Maybe someone will post up some ideas. Also I saw a tub Petey Bourne had bought out of Automotive section of wal mart(it was black) that was cheap and put a 15 dollar pump in it. Was portable and worked well. I may do the same, probably will not have any fish to put in it though![grin] Thanks for putting the post on the other site for me.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
With the winter water temps, you can probably keep them in a $5 tub from Walmart without a pump. Just keep a bucket and remove and add water every so often and you should be fine. But, as water temps go up, dissolved oxygen goes down. Summer temps require a pump and sprayer.

Tank, come fish, you will be fine.

Dayton

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
How exactly does one get to Hopewell Yacht Club? In case I am able to find someone to fish with me I would love to give it a try and support the little guys speed addiction [grin]

--John

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I think Hartfield is in the Northern Neck. Easy to get to Hopewell Yacht club.

From Tappahanock take 360 towards Richmond.
In Mechanicsville, take I-295 south towards Hopewell
You will cross over I-64. Keep coming and you will cross the James. High bridge, yellow overhead supports. Next exit will be RT 10. You want the second exit towards Hopewell (East). Maybe 2 miles, is the RT. 10 bridge over the Appomatox river. The ramp is right under the bridge. You are there. As you cross the bridge, slow down and take the right lane, down and around to the stop sign and you are looking at the ramp/parking area.

Hopewell Yacht club phone is 8045413308 . Paste it into Google and take your pick of three maps.

Let us know if we can help more. If the directions don't make sense, b mail me your phone number and I will call ya.

Even if you don't fish, come to the weigh-in and hang out.

Dayton

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Assuming your around the Matthews county/Glouster area Take 64 west to 295 south. After crossing the Enon bridge Take your second Rt. 10 exit . Go around 5-8 miles cross concrete bridge bear off to the right. Will take ya right to ramp cant miss it. You will see the ramp as ya cross the bridge. If you need a partner please post up maybe we can hook ya up with someone.
Thanks

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just read on another post, Kajun may need a partner to fish with his boat is down. Maybe you could give him an B-mail and see whats up.[smile]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Kajun, All is fair in Love, War and tournaments. First one to the hole, gets it. But, if you plan to fish anything StriperJoe showed you, just mail your money in. No sense wasting good gas money!!![grin]

Dayton

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
MONDAY 20 FEB 2006 7 09 PM

1 - 20 of 45 Posts