Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arlington National Cemetary

Readers may be interested to know that these wreaths -- some 5,000 -- are donated by the Worcester Wreath Co. Of Harrington,Maine. The owner, Merrill Worcester, not only provides the wreaths, but covers the trucking expense as well. He's done this since 1992. A wonderful guy. Also, most years, groups of Maine school kids combine an educational trip to DC with this event to help out. Making this even more remarkable is the fact that Harrington is in one the poorest parts of the state.

Sorry to get all mushy, but that's alot of money and a very kind gesture, particulairy this year...

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
That's good stuff.

There's more info about this on the Snopes site, including a plan to expand this program.

snopes.com: Christmas Wreaths at Arlington Cemetery

Here's the non-profit's address:

Maine Rememberence Wreaths

And here's the website for the Worcester Wreath Co. in case you want one for yourself. There's a "Patriot Pair" deal where you get one for yourself, donate one, and give $5 to Wreaths Across America for $35 shipped:

Welcome to Worcester WreathWhere It's All About The Balsam!!!

·
Premium Member
26,107 Posts
WOW - that is really something :clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:. Thanks for posting that :thumbup:. Alot of good men buried there - sometimes I drive by and if traffic is slow, I look at all the grave stones and realize how many gave their lives to protect us.Really hits home knowing a warrior is under each marker.

Great to see they are not forgotten.

·
Registered
7,988 Posts
Hard to believe that this is from the same guy that brought us Wunder Boner.:D Brian you're showing your true side. What are we to think now?:wacko: And that's why we love you bud.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
WOW - that is really something :clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:. Thanks for posting that :thumbup:. Alot of good men buried there - sometimes I drive by and if traffic is slow, I look at all the grave stones and realize how many gave their lives to protect us.Really hits home knowing a warrior is under each marker.

Great to see they are not forgotten.
... and women, including my wife's sister.

Thanks for posting this, ECHO.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Hard to believe that this is from the same guy that brought us Wunder Boner.:D
I was hesitant to open a "feel good story" from Brian... but like the Wunder Boner... I was pleasantly surprised. So nice to see him out of time out! :D:D:D

Thanks for the post Brian!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
WTG Brian ! Merry Christmas to you and your family !

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
WOW B you really do have a heart, thanks for the great post Brian I just knew you were a guy :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
I know 16 guys that I when to high school with and 3 guys that I used to work with that are buried there. Without a doubt, the most impressive cemetary a person can vist. I've had the HONOR to be present at 5 of the funerals.
"Find the cost of FREEDOM buried in the ground"
Thanks for the post and the info about the wreath donor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts