Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a fish finder in my Tarpon 140 and took it for a spin today. I'm getting some decent signals, but it sure doesn't look like the pictures in the simulator and manual.

It's an Eagle cuda 168. the transducer is mounted underneath seat and is accessible from the 6" hatch between the legs. I mounted it in a tupperware container that I cut the bottom out of. The mount is then bolted to the side of the container, and the container is marine gooped to the hull.

I covered the transducer in vasoline per instructions at kayakfishingstuff. Is there a better way to mount the transducer? does anyone use a portable mount? I think i'm gonna take the vasoline out and see what the signal looks like w/ water in the container and the lid on.

any ideas?

still haven't caught a fish outta the thing yet, but only been on two short trips to a local lake.

got wet today too, it was a little choppy...guess I better get used to that.

-Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
With vasaline you have to make sure you have a thin layer under the transducer with no bubbles. With the set up that you described I would try the water. I think you will get better results with less mess.

Robert
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Just put the transducer in there with sealant, the sealant is the medium, you do not need vasoline or vegatable oil, water, etc. Just use the Marine Goop, Lexel or epoxy and mount the transducer dircetly to the hull.
Chad
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top