Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on another web site and posted a question concerning a fillet table for my boat so that I could fillet while on the water. Someone brought up the point that in Delaware if you are checked by DNR and your fish are filleted, they will measure the length of the fillet and consider that the length of the fish and fine you accordingly. Therefore, if I fillet a 9" croaker they would fine me since the fillet would be less than 9". In Maryland, the regulations only discusses the rockfish has to be brought back to the dock whole. Does anyone know what the DNR considers when the fish are filleted.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Keep the carcass!

I don't know what the actual regs are, but for 35 years I have always just made sure that we kept the carcass. That way if I'm checked by DNR or whoever, I can show them that I have legal fish lengths. Maybe one of our more informed cohorts can help us on this point.

Saltrodder
Annapolis

·
Registered
438 Posts
Why would you fillet the fish if you have to keep the carcass? what a mess! I do all my filleting back at the dock or at home no problems that way.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--In Maryland ONLY charters may clean rock at sea -& Keep carcass --Do so can go on 2nd trio --Charters ONLY --

--Other Species ok to clean at sea & Dispose of carcass

---BUT AS WARNED small croakers are Fish I would Clean at Dock , I would also double check cooler for size & Limit when it gets close --

--Bluefish Count also as ya get close

--Rock pull em out of ice & count em over & Over --In a Frenzy a Mistake may happen --Every one on board shoul;d know the Count --Every one --
--Same livelining --Check for mistake Croakers ---Live or dead Possesion is the Key--

--Don't ASS-U-Me Anything--

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
--Christ Its Xmas time , Whom ever is Responsible Thanks--Geo. --Outstanding Service --Thanks Again --This & Fishing Too-

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
George Love the new look...

I'm " guilty" of fileting at sea, its very easy on the engine cover of a 40' Robbins. I do however save all carcass's " just in case" .

Once back at port, carcass's scattered amongst the dock and in the crab pots.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts