Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We finally made it back up on the 27th and fished half a day. The bite was slow but we managed to get Lisa's first striper for the season. We had the pleasure of having Keith & Marilynn Fogleman fish with us on the 28th and 29th. We fought the wind for three drifts on Sunday with no success. After the 3rd drift we decided to call it a day and headed in to do some grocery shopping and cooking for that night. We had a great meal and invited Keith and Marilynn, my buddy Walt, his friend Frank and son Harley. We all ate and shared fishing stories and such most of the evening.
Walt and Frank and Harley had come up for their first bay striper fishing experience. They fished 2 hours on the 27th and half a day on the 28th with no luck. I encouraged them to stay one more day and it would pay off. On the 29th they went back out and were drifting about 100ft from me and having no success. We were finally catching fish and they had to live vicariously through us. I knew the feeling they were experiencing watching everyone else catching fish and being a few yards away and not getting a bite. They finally decided to call it quits and head home before dark and as they were getting it up BAM; a big fish nails a cork line and keeps them there the rest of the day. Their biggest fish wound up being 39lbs.
Keith and Marilynn caught their biggest stripers ever. We had nothing over 30lbs but man was it fun. They decide to call it a day at 1:30 and went home with their limit of big fish and memories to last a lifetime. Thanks you guys for being great friends and sharing with us.
On the 30th Lisa and I had the pleasure of taking Joy Hansen and his daughter Debbie out. It was another weather and bite change. We had to wait till 10:30am to start because of a small craft advisory. We had 2 bites for the day. Debbie got first fish and it was a fat 36lber. The second fish came off shortly after handing Joy the Rod. I found 24hrs had turned the tables and we were the ones unable to get the bite going. We still had a great time even though the fish were unwilling to cooperate.
We were unable to fish the last day of the season due to 20-40kt winds with gust to 50. We decided to get started back and took some pictures of the water when we crossed the bridge. All in all it was a good season and a great time with our friends and BISC members.
Here are a few pictures of our final days at Kiptopeke.

Here's Lisa and here first fish of the season

Keith as he nets Marilynn's P I G -HOG!

Here's Marilynn as she struggles to hold him for a photo.

Keith as he is hooked up!

Keith with his P I G HOG!

My sweetie pie with her P I G HOG!

Marilynn with another beautiful fish!

Lisa with another HOG!

The gang checking out the sealice on the fish.

Me with a big fish!

Debbie with her 36lb P I G HOG!

Here's a shot of me and Debbie at the end of the day with her big fish!

Here's a shot of the bay at the end of the day on the 30th! Man was it slick!

·
Registered
106 Posts
AWESOME! I am happy that debbie got her "Thumper". She was sure paying some dues. Last I saw her, she was blowing snot all over the place!:D

We got out for 1 night during the blow on New Years Day. Caught one fish, but weighed right at 40. 20 degree air, and 43 degree water. Fish had lice. There should still be a lot of fish moving through there, bait everywhere. I didn't get a picture, but shot video. I'll post it soon, Charlie caught it on a spinning reel. Turned her loose, of course.

Mike Smedley
old School:cool2:

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Great Time!

Thanks to my wonderful husband! I guess you can't tell that I had a wonderful time from the smile on my face. Thanks to everyone that came to fish and hang out with us we enjoyed it so much! Now, we just sit back and wait for December again.

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here are 3 pics of the bay and bridge as we were leaving. The photos were taking through the truck window. The wind was blowing too hard to stop or roll the window down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts